Daddy brag,,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
some may remember that my youngest completed her PhD in Analytical Chemistry in 2016,,,,,,

https://nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?129408-excuse-a-proud-daddy-for-a-moment&highlight=chemistry

well she is a little over halfway through her post-doctoral work and was recruited for, and accepted, a tenure track Professor position with Mississippi State University,,,,,,she will be starting up a new Analytical Chemistry research lab for them,,,

Mississippi State is working to expand and enhance their programs and are putting their money where their mouth is,,,,it's not Yale, but they are making moves,,,,

she turned down a government research position on Maui,,,,her Momma wanted that - she loves Hawaii

So, a kid from one of the poorest performing (average) counties in NC,,,Hoke,,,can rise to the top,,,,,it's all in desire and hard work,,,,,,

23mako

Ten Pointer
Congrats to your daughter woodmoose! And what a great example of how far hard work can get someone!

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Wow! Congratulations to her and her Mom and Dad!! You all should be very proud!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
That's great woodmoose. Something to really be proud of. I can see a lot of hard work on both fronts to get that kind of accomplishment.

strut buster

Eight Pointer
Nice! My home state and undergrad university, also in Chemistry, although I decided to go Physical Chemistry for doctoral at LSU. Plenty of public land within 30 minutes, so we didn't take 8:00 classes in the spring unless there was absolutely no other choice.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
got a right to BRAG! Sure am glad she got her momma's smarts however. j/k!! That is awesome, more reason to go to Mississippi now for some duck hunting!!! Congrats to her!

Cootmeurer

Six Pointer
Congrats to her and you, from a Miss State grad.

Just make sure she learns two things. First, the Dude (Dudey Noble Baseball field) is one of the finest in the nation and age should attend often. Second, the correct response to any mention of Oxford, Rebels, or Ol Miss is "Go to Hell Ole Miss!"

strut buster

Eight Pointer
not that Daddy isn't scoping that out already!!

Noxubee and Choctaw WMA are good, but the forest land is better. Hunted over Christmas about an hour and a half west of Starkvegas. Saw 51 deer in 8 sits and watch 4 of them go down between the boys and me, including two bucks. Hardest thing I ever did outdoors wise was leave that state. And as was already mentioned, if she's not into college baseball, she soon will be.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And as was already mentioned, if she's not into college baseball, she soon will be.

That's funny

She's her momma's baby - they love college basketball and VERY loyal to her teams

She is also happy to say she turned down UNC - chapel hill TWICE - was accepted for under grad and grad but didn't like what they had for groups after visiting (no offense to UNC-CH grads), didn't hurt that it's always been the arch nemesis to my girls

She'll do fine sports wise