Wade gigging Emerald Isle

Browning86

Six Pointer
Looking at google maps there doesn’t appear to be much access. Anyone have any suggestions for wade gigging the island?

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had seen people wade gig there near the pier on the ocean side if the water is calm. I would think that would be kinda tough. If you can use the public access on the island at night you can walk out there. There is a path in the grass beside the channel were you take your boat out. Don't seem very deep in there but not sure about gigging. There is also a parking area on Coast Guard Rd then walk to the end of the road. Go up the ramp where you drive in the fall . Then you have all the Coast Guard channel and the sound area on the beach side. You would have more area there than any other.

Browning86

Six Pointer
Thanks for the reply. That was what I was looking for cause I didn’t see much in the way of public parking and fort Macon closes at 8pm. Hopefully I can make this work this summer when we go. Thanks again

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Gigged one my biggest flounder (9lbs) wading just under the AB bridge with a falling tide on the edge of a grass bed. We parked at the science marina. It has a side gate that is left up 24hrs.