smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
About 3 inches here in Stokes Co.

26 degrees and still putting it down.
7ffddc80718adc3c289ae9a1ce9f9e9f.jpg

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
It will probably be good for business for you.

Honestly it won't help us as much as people think. The 'best' snows hit between lunch and quitting time. People just stay home otherwise. Folks that are out and about around here today, generally know what they're doing.

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Weather fools.....this is a current forecast...

I just measured 4.25" and no signs of slowing anytime soon in Roxboro...
8d5124c813f175d978fbcd50e996153f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Around 3" where I am in Orange and there was around 3" in the Pelham area of Caswell when I left there a little over an hour ago and it was still putting it down.

Got a yote to skin then I might just play a while on the 4 wheeler.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
3" and still coming down here in NW Raleigh...sticking on the tree limbs, getting pretty out there

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Just measured here in the middle of Caswell. 7 inches and still coming down. It’s probably close to an inch an hour since lunchtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Honestly it won't help us as much as people think. The 'best' snows hit between lunch and quitting time. People just stay home otherwise. Folks that are out and about around here today, generally know what they're doing.
I just drove about 40 miles..there must have been 50 wrecks. This morning there were very few accidents and the roads were much worse.
That was quite the ride home, wrecks happening right in front of me. Thankfully no one was noticeably injured.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
It's still snowing pretty hard in Orange County with small flakes coming down thick. I estimate we've got about 7 inches down at this point. I reckon we're staying put tomorrow, too.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What's it like up there in Gods Country

robertc?
5 inches down here in Harnett county.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
This storm has now cut off at the 500mb level that should mean it slows down even more and the central part of the state will see more snow.....it also is looking like the coastal low will now form much closer to the coast and move more north.... IF AND ITS A BIG IF this happens then we could see 4-8" type totals over the coastal plains and even the inner banks and beaches.....this is still developing but the models are slowly ticking up snowfall totals over eastern NC a it appears this low is trying to form right off ILM.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
This storm has now cut off at the 500mb level that should mean it slows down even more and the central part of the state will see more snow.....it also is looking like the coastal low will now form much closer to the coast and move more north.... IF AND ITS A BIG IF this happens then we could see 4-8" type totals over the coastal plains and even the inner banks and beaches.....this is still developing but the models are slowly ticking up snowfall totals over eastern NC a it appears this low is trying to form right off ILM.

I assume you have some sort of software, or web subscription that is showing you this? Every forecast I have looked at this afternoon has shown ENC accumulation totals reduced to "dusting to 1 inch".

Haven't been back outside since 2:00, but it was 49 degrees then. How will snow stick?

I'm hoping for NONE.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I assume you have some sort of software, or web subscription that is showing you this? Every forecast I have looked at this afternoon has shown ENC accumulation totals reduced to "dusting to 1 inch".

check out somewhere like tropical tidbits or another site that has the model runs on it and you can see that kind of info.......

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
A little over 9” in sw Chatham county. Ok this is enough lost power for 3 hours.