WHo gets a flu shot, or doesn't?

What is your take on Flu Shots?

• I get one every year!

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • I get one now and then, if I feel it will help me that season.

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • I haven't really thought about getting one.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have thought about getting one, but never gotten one

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have never, nor do I ever plan to get one!

Votes: 38 34.2%

• Total voters

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
THis will be a poll. Votes will be anonymous. Replies will not ;).

Give me a few minutes please thanks.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
They are free everywhere I go, it seems, but I do not plan to ever get one. I don't think they put tracking devices in them, but most I know who get the shot, end up sick for a few days. :confused: WTH?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wife and I have gotten Flu shots every year for a couple decades now I guess.
Knock on wood, we've had zero problems doing so, and haven't had any Flu...will continue to get them

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I got one years ago and was the sickest I had ever been within a couple of weeks. That cured me of getting shots. Now, I have had the flu a couple of times since then but now days I have the option of not being around people as much and if I go to town and have to push a cart, I always get a handful of those wipes and cover the handle of the cart with them and pay close attention to who I am around. Best precaution for the flu is stay at home.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They are free everywhere I go, it seems, but I do not plan to ever get one. I don't think they put tracking devices in them, but most I know who get the shot, end up sick for a few days. :confused: WTH?
Yeah I did get sick the week after but you get over it. Not as bad as it seems. The flu vaccine helps with other viruses as well.... according to my wife ( ER nurse) and our family doctor. Cant tell you what to do. I do know that if your over the age of 60 you need to get the flu shot.

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
I Get the shot.

When they get it right and you get the shot you don't get the flu.

When they get it wrong you may get the flu, but it will be less severe.

....You don't get the the flu from the shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'll bite.

I work in the Pharma industry....

The virus in the vaccine is dead. Any symptoms suffered after taking the shot are due to exposure to the virus either before the shot, or before the vaccination has taken effect....

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Nobody is injecting me with a flu shot. I’m not scared of needles but scared of what they put in a flu shot.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I get the flu shot every year, we are strongly encouraged to do so.
Every year they make an educated decision on which strains will be the most prevalent. This year they blew it, at somewhere between 10 and 20 percent effective.
It does take weeks to develop resistance, so if you were previously exposed you're already colonizing the virus.

odie408

Ten Pointer
In 59 years I had the flu one time about 30 yrs.ago. If I start getting the flu I might start getting the shot. Most years seem they give the wrong strain to work.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Let me clarify that the sick you tend to get after the flu shot is very mild.......
In order for the flu shot to be effective you need to get it in October to be in full effect when the flu virus and other viruses peak in February.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
Get one every year. It was mandatory for my 21 years on the Army. Knock on wood I haven't had the flu since getting the shot.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got one this year for the first ever. We are expecting a baby next month and my wife’s doctor highly advised me and anyone in our family that will be holding our son to get one. Otherwise I’d probably never get one.....

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not me I don't like shots and don't trust the shot. I had the flu almost 8 years ago really didn't think I was going to make it. I was pretty close to homeless at the time it was rough. I also don't trust who puts the shots out.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Let me clarify that the sick you tend to get after the flu shot is very mild.......
In order for the flu shot to be effective you need to get it in October to be in full effect when the flu virus and other viruses peak in February.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree...we get them as soon as they become available

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Never had a flu shot and I’ve only had the flu once and honestly it wasn’t a very severe case compared to what I hear others have experienced. We had a baby on New Year’s Eve so I probably should have gotten a shot this year but so far so good.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
For about 8 years, it was mandatory for me. We got the mist. Always felt crappy for a couple days afterwards. Only got real sick once; a few weeks of mucus and vomiting later, I was fine. Haven't gotten it the past 3, and have been fortunate enough to feel no symptoms.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It takes 6 weeks to develop maximum resistance. The effects diminish over the next several months and are mostly gone in 6 months.
I take mine as late as possible, well after the flu clinics have mostly died down. That way in early to mid spring I'm at a good level, while those that get theirs in September are already petering out.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I'll bite.

I work in the Pharma industry....

The virus in the vaccine is dead. Any symptoms suffered after taking the shot are due to exposure to the virus either before the shot, or before the vaccination has taken effect....

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

This is correct. My wife is a pharmacist, and I'm pretty sure if I told her I wasn't taking one, she'd stick me in my sleep. But she assures me that it is 100% impossible to get the flu FROM the shot. Whether or you'll get it AFTER the shot is no guarantee, but there's no harm in taking it.

ako_deerking

Twelve Pointer
Had it once.... felt like :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk afterwards.... haven’t again. I’ve not had the flu a single time in the past 12 years.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It takes 6 weeks to develop maximum resistance. The effects diminish over the next several months and are mostly gone in 6 months.
I take mine as late as possible, well after the flu clinics have mostly died down. That way in early to mid spring I'm at a good level, while those that get theirs in September are already petering out.
The wife and I don't get ours till Late October.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The wife and I don't get ours till Late October.
I try to take mine late November if I can get away with it. This year I was able to weasle it until the first week in December. Usually they have threatened me with having to wear those dern masks and no direct patient contact by then and I'll go ahead and cave.

CarolinaReaper

I never get one nor do I ever plan on it. Just never quite made sense to me. Your basically giving yourself a small dose of the virus in order to not get the virus...... yeah, no thanks.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Nope.... by the time a vaccination is synthesized for the current flu strain and is distributed the virus strained will have already mutated multiple times rendering the shot ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Nope....never will... imo your body needs to fight off the full strain so when the nasty one comes around your body will know how to fight it as with the shot your body got "help"