Mathews Triax brief review

JPJ II

Six Pointer
Picked up my triax today and I can say that it is as advertised. It is short. Sort of looked like a youth bow when it came out of the box. It is quiet. Then again a lot of modern compounds are. It is as quiet as the halon. Vibration, I didn't think it could be noticeably more dead in the hand than the halon but it is. Fast. I havaen't chrono'd it yet but damn. The 420 grain arrow travels 20 yards in the blink of an eye. Accurate. I shoot it as well as any bow i have ever shot. i've always shot hoyts well but this is as accurate as any than I have ever shot. A lot of this has to do with it being set up well and the guys at Springhill Outfitters set it up nice. Overall I am very happy with this bow. No buyers remorse and I can see myself shooting it for a long time. Hopefully this will help those who may be on the fence. I say if you are in the market and don't have a hatred of Mathews go for it. You will be satisfied.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I've not seen one yet. But most of the reviews I've seen are good. Enjoy your new rig. I added a Blacktail Sitka to my arsenal this week as well.

ditchbank

Banned
This review is good to here. I’m getting one myself. Mjbrady said it would be a good bow for me because of my short draw length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
For a thousand dollars that thing should carry your stand and gut and drag your deer to the truck. Theyre sweet I'm sure but dayum!

Reactions: PG2

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
I love Obsession bows but shot the Prime Logic yesterday, which isn't quite as short as the Triax, but man that thing was nice. Amazing how they are figuring out how to make the short ATAs shoot as good as the long ATAs.

Last edited:

JPJ II

Six Pointer
I know setting up a bow can hurt your feelings. Even the accessories are way overpriced. I usually hold on to one for 5 or 6 years so I look at it like it costs me a couple hundred per year. If I'm still shooting in a decade or so I will probably have to finance it.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
I know setting up a bow can hurt your feelings. Even the accessories are way overpriced. I usually hold on to one for 5 or 6 years so I look at it like it costs me a couple hundred per year. If I'm still shooting in a decade or so I will probably have to finance it.

For some reason I keep thinking about guns in comparison. You could buy a ruger #1 with a really good scope and pass it down to generations of your family for what a new bow costs. I'm in need of a new one myself so it just hurts looking at the prices..

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
For some reason I keep thinking about guns in comparison. You could buy a ruger #1 with a really good scope and pass it down to generations of your family for what a new bow costs. I'm in need of a new one myself so it just hurts looking at the prices..

Yeah, but you could also consider that if you don’t lose or break an arrow, you can shoot the same rounds(arrows) without having to purchase new. I have some of the same gold tips I bought 6 years ago, and I shoot a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TH7

Eight Pointer
Good deal. I am thinking about updating my Bear attack bow. I have enjoyed the flagship bows I have shot in the past from Matthews. I also think how Carey said above about arrow useage. Still is a lot of money for most either way you look at it.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
My Triax finally came in today. Probably the best shooting bow I have ever shot. I guess I'm going to hang up the old Z7 up. Very happy with my Triax right now. Thanks Terrys Archery Plus.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I saw this bow first hand a few times now and the first thing that jumped out was that its the shortest bow I have ever seen. I thought it was a kids bow to be perfectly honest.

That said, it seems it would be perfect for the deer woods. compact, easy to carry and can shoot in tight places. I havent heard much bad said about it. I watched a few videos and you can tell how quiet that thing is. I wont be in the market for new bow anytime soon but when I do I will be lookiing to pick up a used triax...lol.