Indigo Snake

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
IMG_4513.jpg

This 5 ft Indigo was cross the road in my neighborhood (Florida). They seem to be very active in the winter months on warm days. I rarely see them after April though November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
They are beautiful snakes and get to be very large. I believe they are the largest in North America. We had them all over the place when we lived in Homestead

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We occasionally pulled one out of gopher turtle holes when it used to be legal to pull gophers back in the day. They will actually raid a rattlesnake den and eat the residents. Their dark coloration lets them warm up much faster than other snakes so they get a leg up on catching them while they are still sluggish.
I've seen one stretch across both sides of a two rut dirt road several times in my short time here on earth. They get much bigger than what is reported, at minimum 8-10 feet and bigger than my arm.

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
You are correct Eric. The first time we looked at the house we currently live in there was one stretched out across the driveway and touching dirt on either side. It took a lot of convincing to get my wife interested in this house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk