Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Can the tablet Bluetooth from the Garmin or does it have to be connected by cable? Not that the cable is an issue I was just curious if the Garmin has Bluetooth capabilities.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not sure, it does connect to the DT 70 wireless. I just use a USB cord to connect the two. All this new technology is a challenge to me at times.

The Alpha has functions I still haven't used or haven't learned how to use 4 years later. LOL

Last edited:

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I've found over the years that politely explaining what happened and asking permission to go retrieve your dogs usually works just as good as a Right to Retrieve statue.

I have given you grief over the years for being a dog hunter but you are right as usual. Hell most landowners dont care if you don't call first as long as you dont leave a mess.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In my experience, laws like this, well not actually the law itself, but the way folks use/abuse it, tends to get land owners dander up. For example, being a USDA employee, I have the "right" to walk onto any farmers land who has dealings with my agency. Sometimes I need do just that, depending upon the remoteness to the farm and lack of anybody near by to speak with. However, if I'm near their farming operation center, I try to go by and speak to someone. Yeah, sometimes I get "caught" when I don't speak to someone, so I apologize and politely explain who I am and what I'm doing. Very seldom have I been "kicked off". If the land owner does not want me there, even though I have the "right" to be there, I will leave. My point is, be courteous, be apologetic, be submissive to the land owners, and you will likely be ok. Be dominate, challenging and rude because you have the "right", and you will NOT be well received, and you hurt the public opinion of dog hunters.