Word is Specks closed....

redbow

Ten Pointer
Does this mean you just cant keep them or does it mean you cannot fish for them at all? Not that there will be any left. Hopefully they will rebound quickly.

odie408

Ten Pointer
I hate that the trout population will be hurt by the freeze, but it is a shame to have to watch so many go to waste rotting on the bank. Wouldn't it be better to allow the dead trout to be used?

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
We have had a banner year on big trout. This snow and ice will add to the death of a lot of other fish. I know a lot have been found in North Creek floating. A lot of other creeks have sheets of ice on them. If you venture out, be safe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I hate that the trout population will be hurt by the freeze, but it is a shame to have to watch so many go to waste rotting on the bank. Wouldn't it be better to allow the dead trout to be used?

I agree however the logistics of doing that and keeping people honest would be a nightmare. Its nature nothing is really going to waste.

odie408

Ten Pointer
I agree however the logistics of doing that and keeping people honest would be a nightmare. Its nature nothing is really going to waste.

But what would just two or three more days of season hurt, the dead fish wont bite a hook but the dead could be used before they spoil. Just seem a waste.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
The science behind it says that if the season is open you are potentially catching fish that may not die. There is no way to say that the fish you caught would have died so you are potentially adding to the numbers that the cold killed. I get the idea that they are sorta being wasted even tho nature never wastes anything.

skimmer

Six Pointer
I've seen the times that they survive and this isn't one. Actually the only time I've seen the fish survive is a stun event followed closely by warm weather and a rising tide...Rising tide is key here

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Price we pay for being in the northern extent of the range of speckled trout. Talked to some guys I know down in cedar key in Florida and they are having snook killed by the cold there. All a part of nature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Been a bunch seen floating in the Bay River yesterday and today by duck hunters. Bay river was frozen from Vandermere all the way across and to Bayboro. It is going to be ugly for specks.