Taxidermist in Eastern NC

killa_cam11

Four Pointer
My previous taxidermist has retired so I need some help on finding a good taxi in the eastern NC area. I have several deer, so I am not trying to spend an arm and a leg. Thanks in advance!

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Check out Everett's taxidermy. They are right down the road from you in the Bethel area.

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Eastern Carolina Taxidermy in Smithfield does really really good work

I am with badland on this, Jim Williams is top notch. He tans his own capes and your mount will be pristine. I have found he is at least $100 cheaper than others in the area. He has done all my mounts for big game and he will continue to get my business. You may find some cheaper, but to me, when it comes to preserving memories it only hurts once to get the best.

Natures Art in Ernul,nc close to vanceboro. Guys name is gene lilley. Excellent work but not going to be the cheapest but a good honest man

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Garrett Harrell in Ayden does nice work. He is Allen Stancils nephew & took over the taxidermy business when the meat processing business took off.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Harrell’s taxidermy

Right on 3rd street as you go into Ayden from hwy 11. Look up Garrett Harrell on Facebook & you’ll see some photos of his work. He’s done 2 deer for me &they turned out well, I’d use him again.

Last edited:

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Lifelike Taxidermy in Greene County. Did an outstanding job for me 5 years ago and still looks awesome. Paul Rasberry has won a lot of awards.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Natures Art in Ernul,nc close to vanceboro. Guys name is gene lilley. Excellent work but not going to be the cheapest but a good honest man

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ll second Gene. I have 6 deer heads on the wall all mounted by Gene. His shop is about 30 or so minutes south of Greenville, depending on where you live.

drgrim775

Six Pointer
Harrell’s taxidermy

Right on 3rd street as you go into Ayden from hwy 11. Look up Garrett Harrell on Facebook & you’ll see some photos of his work. He’s done 2 deer for me &they turned out well, I’d use him again.

I also can vouch for Garrett. He's done a velvet mount, fox squirrel, and an Euro for me the past few years. Great guy, good turn around, and I like supporting locals.

Doc