Any New Year Deer?

outdoorgirljenna

Button Buck
Happy New Years everyone! Anybody able to snag a 2018 deer before the season ends? I was able to drop a doe on the 1st right before nightfall. Was so cold and windy and getting ready to give up when 4 does came walking by and straight to the corn feeder. Dropped the biggest one right there. Great way to start the new year!
jenna's doe.jpg

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
congrats! Hunted hard the last week for some meat without seeing anything. I had a nice doe on the ground with 3 minutes to spare!

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Killed this 10pt with bout 10 mins left in season. Not sure if he was interested in a doe or was trying to compete for food. Best buck to date. 22 1/2 inside. 150.5 B@C

Attachments

• 0102181109-1.jpg
    0102181109-1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 150

624c

Six Pointer
Jealous....I had to work new years day and really wanted to call out sick, but my work ethic wouldn't let me. Of course during my travels at work all day I saw at least 10 deer on various fields and farms in the afternoon.

outdoorgirljenna

Button Buck
Had more meat on her than any of the bucks the boys killed at the camp this year. So yes, "some woman" killed this deer and she sure is damn proud about it. :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^^Not pointing at you Jenna. Was referring to Hevi's photo. I figured he had shot it but really appreciated his efforts to save all our eyes. Guess I"m failing on one of my resolutions already. I certainly wasn't inferring anything about your deer or women hunters. You are doing a great job and I encourage more women to become involved in hunting.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Thanks Hevi. I gotta do something with my communication skills or shut up one or the other. Can't afford to be running off new members.