Live from the Stand 1\1\2018 edition

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Happy last day of deer/first day of 2018 deer hunting. Stay warm everyone and good luck!

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good luck boys and girls. I’m done until September i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Going to try it at the condo. I did a little extra winterizing yesterday. Just coveted up some opening around the sides and covered half of the front opening. That north wind is brutal when you are facing it.

Trading out the small 3800 little Buddy for his bigger brother kicking 4000 (low) to 9000 (high) BTU'S

Good luck and stay warm.

Happy New.Year
d68a1f0234dee2b1105f424b74d8b0cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I'll give it a week or so and let things warm up a bit and I will have the woods to myself. :cool:

DanH

Four Pointer
10 degrees up at the Rock. Beautiful Moonset this morning looking forward to the sunrise. Happy New Year

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Total of 9, mix of fawns and adult doe just ran past me. Too thick to get a shot where they were and they were sure headed elswhere. Happy New year.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham County facing head long into a north wind. No shelter. No buddy heater.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
3c709cc36b161373c937ff7013f63931.jpg

No idea on temp, but it is probably the coldest I have ever hunted. This makes it bearable and also being in a ground blind helps. Not a thing except tweety birds. We shall see, plan to give it as long as I can take it then grab lunch and back at this evening for the finals hunt of the season

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
15* in Orange County. Got a very light breeze, a few songbirds, and a woodpecker. Eerily still, as there's almost zero traffic noise in the distance.

And dang, my nose is running from the cold.

Last edited:

Bass-n-Deer-416

Four Pointer
15* in Orange County. Got a very light breeze, a few songbirds, and a woodpecker. Eerily still, as there's almost zero traffic noise in the distance.

And dang, my nose is running from the cold.

You know if you cut it’s legs off it will quit running. Haha.

If I didn’t have bronchitis I would be out there with y’all today. Good luck to all.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Got a piece of tissue up each nostril to take care of it and keep me from siffling. Now I have a few bluejays screaming. Other than them, it is still dead quiet.

I just looked up at the sky and it is some kind of ice cold clear Air Force Blue.

Last edited:

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I remember the days when I climbed trees and sat in the open air in weather like this. Now days I just kick back and turn up the heat. Buŕrrrrrrrrrrtttrr

Nothing but squirrels
3215eb2fcd7965e9cc75552fa2e7b9a9.jpg

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I have 1 yearling in the corn. Niw for bug mama to pop out

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Now they are 3.... then there were 6. Set here waiting for a big doe to jockey into position. Then a big gust of wind blew in rattling tree limbs and they left.

Last edited:

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Good Luck, says wind chill has it feeling like -5 here. I'll be out in a bit. We have until the secondish Sat in Jan but I'll be digging out at work when I get back so may be my last hunt as well.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I'm done. Probably for the season. I doubt I'll get out this pm, what with family and all.

No problem. Another mostly crappy season anyway.