Our first season, sons first deer

old dog

Spike
KIMG0065.jpg
With the help of a young hunting mentor (26) my 15 year old and I (old) began hunting this year. We took to squirrels immediately, especially me, but a boy wants a deer. Our friend set him up on 50 beautiful acres in the foothills. This was the result. Perfect heart/lung at 20yards from the ground. It's a great experience for me to have my son get the first family deer. Dealt with it from field to freezer. (Our mentor is a trained meat cutter).Thanks to all on the forum who offered advice and encouragement after my first posts. If you have the chance, mentor a hunter. Once I get a little more time under my belt I will too.

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Congrats to him, great seeing them get their first. Buddy of mine had both sons get deer before him. His 1st was an 11,........so.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Wonderful post!!!

You probably deep down think you "owe" this mentor something.......But I'll guarantee you he is as happy and proud as both you and your son are!

One day, your son will mentor someone likely younger than himself. From field to freezer. The satisfaction is one of those parts of hunting we just can't describe to non hunters.

Congrats to all 3 of you!!!!!

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
That's a great thing your doing and neither will ever forget it. Get that picture framed up and put on the wall!! Awesome!