12/31 Live

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Anyone in the woods on this cold morning? 22 degrees and 10mph N wind in Johnston County.
Out with the bow for the last doe for the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I am up and deciding if I want to go this morning with the wind blowing like it is. May sit a ground blind if I go

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Heaters are for wusses [emoji12]

Kidding of course. Smoke em if you got em.

Not as cold as I thought it'd be. The wind will deff cut you. Pretty morning so far.

DanH

Four Pointer
Heater and body warmers aren't helping much with this wind. Got to make some adjustments to this box stand this off-season

robertc

Eight Pointer
Covering the northwest side of the Rock with my Grandson. Buddy heater going full blast and still cold. Got called out at 2:00 this morning. 27 degrees then, got home a little after 3:00 and 21 at 6:00.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
Sure is toasty in here.
cd0df77b914ef6bca59dc6ea0b045b6f.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Why yes it is..

Just had 5 does come in at 7:42. Launched a bullet at a big doe. Will go down range a little later to check.
b572fcb7c09c445188be76429487f6a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DanH

Four Pointer
I wussed out called it early since I got one last night. Even the squirrels said it was to cold to be moving. Back at the house getting ready to get some hot breakfast.

cmcarter

Six Pointer
I wussed out called it early since I got one last night. Even the squirrels said it was to cold to be moving. Back at the house getting ready to get some hot breakfast.

Call me when the bacons done. I’ll head that way haha

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Been too busy painting at the new house but was able to shoot one out the back door yesterday around 1pm so I slept in this morning. Good luck everyone

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Cold and breezy here. Looks like everyone/thing but me was smart enough to sleep in this morning.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Dumped corn yesterday mid day and didn’t hunt the evening. checked it when i came out this morning and they had cleaned a lot of it up already but saw nothing this morning

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yep ... most activity is right around sunset here. But hey, it's the last couple days so I go when I can.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Knocked this one out this morning. She ran a good 75 yards or better. Both lungs busted wide open. Took the 4 wheeler in and hauled her out. Five deer came in at 7.42.. so there is still hope.
29b5f30abd193725c8da0cbe654bfdf7.jpg

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Knocked this one out this morning. She ran a good 75 yards or better. Both lungs busted wide open. Took the 4 wheeler in and hauled her out. Five deer came in at 7.42.. so there is still hope.
29b5f30abd193725c8da0cbe654bfdf7.jpg

Hopefully that'll be the case for me tonight. Congrats

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I went for a walk with my wife and older son on the local streets. Besides small songbirds, the place is on total shutdown.

Dang it was cold.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
7 degrees right now here. Almost glad we can't hunt Sundays in PA. I did a quick hunt yesterday and realized leaving my stand at dark with a XBow and no flashlight after seeing a trash bag torn open by the neighborhood bears right near my stand wasn't the best idea.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sitting in a box..trying to escape this dern cold wind...at least no bears to stalk me here. [emoji7]

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Pulled up to our spot, got out of the truck and dropped one. Skinning now [emoji16]