New Shotgun

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am on my 2nd SX 3. Sold the first one and bought a Versa Max after shoulder surgery (softest autoloader recoil out there in my opinion) Went back to SX3 last year. As for not needing 3.5 shells,try hunting in a rice field blind late season and every bird skirts you at 50/60 yards because every time they fly close to one someone shoots at them(same for calling) One blind we hunt we usually put closest decoy at about 40 yrds. Probably gonna buy a SX 4 for next season. I shoot about 2 cases of 3.5's a year and this gun will hold up and not knock the snot out of you but it will the ducks. BTw it will be for sale after Jan28th

Have you patterned the 2-3/4, 3, and 3-1/2 shells? The 3-1/2s always have more pellets but rarely do they pattern as good as the 2-3/4 and 3” shells. Just curious on this.

brittonp83

Six Pointer
I've hunted two seasons with the a400 Lite. I like a lightweight shotgun, but that's just my preference. It shouldered great, and the shim and spacer adjustments made it perfect for me. It handles recoil fine for me, a noticeable difference from my old Browning, but it wasn't bad either. I took it shooting clays a fair amount before this past season to really hone in my mount and it improved my kill rates drastically. I clean my guns regularly, and clean my buddys' guns for them. I honestly don't care whether I'm cleaning a gas or inertia gun, but cleaning a Charles Daly turned me away from that brand due to fit and finish of internals. The a400's breakdown for cleaning easily, and I didn't have any issues running it fairly dry this season. My only complaint is that I have absolutely no need for the bluetooth Gunpod 2 and wish that I hadn't had to pay for it on the gun.

I was heart set on a Remington V3, until I picked it up. I just wanted something lighter. The clerk handed me the a400 Lite and I was done looking.