New Shotgun

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
Looking to get a new gun. Have a few ideas. I’m looking at the new sbe3, the beretta a400 extreme and maybe a m2 in 20 gauge. Any thoughts on what to choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Whatever fits you best. I'm shooting a A400 xtreme for several years now. No problems at all and no rust.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I have Maxus right now and I love it. I was looking at the new ones they have with the cerakote finish on the wicked wing editions. Only problem is I can’t find those anywhere. I’d like something with that finish since most of the hunting I do is down at the coast.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I also was looking at the cynergy. I like the idea of an over under and I have read lots of good about it. Any opinions on that gun?

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Winchester SX3 has areal following out in Arkansas but I still stand by old and trusted SBE 1! Benelli is tough to beat and easy to maintain! Good luck!

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
I have owned a sbe for over 20 years. Best gun you can own. About ten years ago I replaced the spring upgrading to s sure cycle spring. I hunt exclusively salt water. Last year I bought a stoeger m3000 and love it equally. I bought that as a back up gun and have only been using that gun since mid last season to give it a fair review. So far no problems! I can vouch for any benelli style shot gun.....once you own andncare for one....you will never want to shoot or clean a gas operated shotgun again.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
everything discussed here are really great guns. I just bought my son a new gun. the process we went through basically consisted of finding a gun that "FIT HIM' cannot emphasize that enough. go to a store and find one that mounts best for you and seems to most naturally point. it is different for everyone.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
As said whatever fits you best is what you will shoot best. That being said I️ have a SBE ll I’ve shot for years and enjoyed with no problems. Just added a SBE3 to the stable and so far so good they’re lightweight and being inertia stay pretty clean but with that comes recoil. my next will be the a400 recoil on them are nothing and they run pretty consistently.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I looked at an a400 today. Shouldered really nice. Does it do that much better with limiting recoil?

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I have a newer A5. This is my fifth season on it, and love it. I did order a Franchi Affinity 3 20 guage. Have not received it yet, but its nearly half the price of the M2 and a very solid choice. I prefer the inertia guns, but recoil is not much of a concern with me. Neither are bad by no means, but certainly not the sofest shooters I have picked up.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I looked at an a400 today. Shouldered really nice. Does it do that much better with limiting recoil?

In my opinion there’s a big difference in it and say my SBE ll, the benelli will sometimes give me a headache after a box of 3.5’s and the a400 does not.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
Ok.....seriously I have the opportunity to hunt a lot more than most here on the ne coast. The sound is my back door......why would anyone ever need a 3.5 “ shell to kill a duck?????!!! Waste of money if you ask me.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
Kind of leaning toward the M2 in a 20 gauge. Read lots of good reviews. I always seem to see plenty of shells for it for duck as well.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I have been looking at the Stoger m3020 20 gauge. Anyone have any experience with this model?

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I have been looking at the Stoger m3020 20 gauge. Anyone have any experience with this model?
Bought one for my son in Oct. Handles all loads well. Basically same design as my franchi affinity and a benelli m2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ThrillofDaChase

Ten Pointer
I have a Benelli Montefeltro in 20 gauge that I'm growing to love. I had shot clays with it, but did not hunt it until yesterday. I really love how it swings and shoots. I also have an M1 and an M2, and usually hunt the M1.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns

Great gun. I have several stoegers and have not had any issues with them. I bought my son one of the 3020 and ended up shooting it a lot when he doesn’t go. Never had an issue at all with it

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ok.....seriously I have the opportunity to hunt a lot more than most here on the ne coast. The sound is my back door......why would anyone ever need a 3.5 “ shell to kill a duck?????!!! Waste of money if you ask me.

I don’t get it either......

Love the Benelli's I've had a beretta pintail which has the benelli action in it since 2002 and never had any malfunction! I did receive a SBE3 for Christmas and love the way it feels but when I put it on paper every shot pattern was 6"-12" high. I tried both steel chokes and even tried different shims that came with it and 4 different types of ammo. Any of yall with the sbe3 having the same problem?

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Love the Benelli's I've had a beretta pintail which has the benelli action in it since 2002 and never had any malfunction! I did receive a SBE3 for Christmas and love the way it feels but when I put it on paper every shot pattern was 6"-12" high. I tried both steel chokes and even tried different shims that came with it and 4 different types of ammo. Any of yall with the sbe3 having the same problem?

From many in the online community, this is normal and once you learn where it shoots, they have grown to like it or so the ones I have spoken with have told me. Makes since if you ask me, but I imagine getting adjusted could take some time.