How much Corn did you put out

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This season?
I put my last 2 bags out yesterday up in Rockingham county.
Total of 1200 pounds of shell corn up in Rockingham and 6 bags of cob corn
20 bags of cob corn in Harnett county
I had to calculate again, had no idea I used that much corn.
My brother put out 4 bags of shell in Harnett also

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I forget if it was 3 or 4 bags. Seriously. I just use it to get them to stop at a spot where I can make a shot.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
About 425 lbs over the season, BUT I participated in the wildlife observation survey this season and I saw more deer without corn than with. For me,it was a 5:1 ratio over the course of the season, so the other guys I hunt with can throw all the corn out they want to next season, but I’ll stick to the natural food sources & the small food plots and forget the corn.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Aoparently not enough.....

I use about a 5gal bucket full in front of my cameras about once a week. I didnt really count it up.

sent from...... Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's alot of corn,,how many deer did you take?
Just 2. ;)
They were the 2 biggest we had on camera though and when you cant hunt much, then you better be able to keep the deer close is what I learned a long time ago.
gRutTBi.jpg

Rockingham county
Ws1bKpV.jpg

Harnett county

Last edited:

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
1 bag during 2nd week of muzzleloader. Killed 2 does and one buck in 48hrs. DRT in the same spot
53e2ac84703c24af712527d57cd4db18.jpg
91c61c08285a6f47577143281224bba9.jpg
8d9c6f46c8ee2b62a17ac30c9fe685f0.jpg

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
600 lbs so far, most of the time i don't hunt the corn just trying to keep does in area, almost have to cause neighbors do.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
None. May put out a bit next week after the season in front of cameras to take inventory.

Last edited:

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A lot early season and lately not much at all. Trying to hone my “hunting” skills instead of my pile watching

That said i just dumped 50lbs in hopes of 2 last minute does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-0- in the past 30 years. Just don't see the need.

Leaning towards this myself on most of the properties I can plant plots on .. Hunting in VA this past year with food plots has changed my outlook , didn't realize how much of a draw it really was and it's more beneficial for sure ..but I'll still more than likely use corn on the smaller places I hunt... But I definitely won't be buying as much corn next yr for sure!!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
None in Va... killed 5 there

About 200# shell and 500-600# cob.... killed 3 here

I hunt very small urban properties during bow in NC... corn is good until acorns fall.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they outlawed baiting in NC... deer in VA move much more naturally