Back in the tree

Speed1

Eight Pointer
Back in with the sticks and string. Anyone else? Beautiful afternoon in Orange County, good luck to all.

cmcarter

Six Pointer
I was out in Wake county. Saw 4 does and 1 young buck about 100 yards out. Plan to be back out in the morning.
How’d you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Been hunting this one for three years. Saw him for the first time this year last weekend. I shot two inches over him. Dont know what I did only a 30 yd shot, I think I used my 40 yd pin by mistake is all I can think of. Almost jumped out of the stand after I looked at the video.... He ran 70 yds and stopped stood there for 30 minutes and walked off. It took me a month to find him and I hope he is still close by.

buck%202-S.jpg

Last edited:

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
^^ He's a beauty ! ^^
Bet you were about to jump out.....
Never know, may get another crack at him, hope you do !

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I got a new place to hunt this year. 250 acres, two guys hunting it. I planted a couple of cameras out there to help me get the place figured out. About 2 weeks ago the entire bunch of them went nocturnal. I haven't seen any, or gotten videos of a single deer during the day since the second week of December. I've seen deer go nocturnal before, but this group is hardcore! I'm still out there, but not hopeful I'll get one. It's still nice to just be in the woods.

Joe

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Every time I watch the video it is truly humbling .:skeerd:

That’s awesome you have it on film. I’ve been wanting to get a camera arm to be able to replay the hunts for my wife and daughter.
I’m sure it rubs salt in the wounds when you have a miss and replay it but none the less recapture the feelings and emotions

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Back in the tree this morning. Headed out to grab a bite and then to the woods shortly. It’s going to be a cold one

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
Been hunting hard but have yet to punch a tag. It's been a tough season. Hardest in 5 years I'd say. I'll keep at it till it's over like always.

b794e6a3d75412c38e233ddf9f9cabaa.jpg

Last edited:

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
I didn't give any updates after last night. I had a 4 point at 15 yards, with another slightly bigger 4 point 50 yards back on the same path. Normally That wouldn't excite me too much but I have been seeing these guys pair back up with my hit-list bucks so my heart started racing just waiting for something big to come in. Just before the 2nd 4 point came in the neighbor started getting a little rowdy with his loud :donk:donk:donk truck and it spooked the bucks off. I was pretty mad because the timing and that i have never heard him do that before.

Later a mature doe walked out at 30 yards. This doe has had my number all season, she had busted me so many times and she is very jumpy. I decide to try and take her out. She jumped the string and it was a clean miss.

Amateur Hour at its finest.

26114140_10154951906706121_6042206589513299630_n.jpg

Last edited:

cmcarter

Six Pointer
I’ve been out every morning this week. Been skunked the past 3 mornings. I’ll be back out tomorrow morning. It’s expected to be 17. Brrr

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Between me and my nephew we saw 6 bucks 5 doe. Making another move tomorrow afternoon.
This will make like the 60th different set this season. Only a few days to go and really need to make it happen for him. He goes back to UNCC next week.

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Headed out this morning. Going to freeze but the wife and I have friends and family over the next two afternoons so I’ll have to hunt to morning to get the last few sits in for this season.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
My nephew did good yesterday. He ended up shooting a 9 pt. that we have been watching gor the past week. He stuck it out and it came together for him. His first buck with a bow.

Last edited: