Bow only clubs

gnorris74

Spike
Anyone know of any bow only clubs within 2 hours of Charlotte? Gave it a shot but dog clubs just don’t work for how I would like to hunt deer. Only got to sit in a tree twice this year before the dogs took over for the rest of the season.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Dog clubs seem the best. Then you have from sep to early nov to figure it out. After that sip bourbon and enjoy the dogs and your gun. Central season anyway. There are some trophy clubs around but what is a trophy? Knock on doors man. Hang at your local bar and meet people. Your local cooperative extension is a good place to start with local organic farmers. Your local food bank has people around that are interested in food and donating meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Anyone know of any bow only clubs within 2 hours of Charlotte? Gave it a shot but dog clubs just don’t work for how I would like to hunt deer. Only got to sit in a tree twice this year before the dogs took over for the rest of the season.

Not sure about bow only clubs but you should head up to the uwharries/alcoa/Pee Dee. There are plenty of smaller or remote spots if the orange army is a concern. I can be in some spots within an hour but I live in Mint Hill so have a little head start. If you live on the other side of 485 it could add some time of course.

Last edited:

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Where were you hunting that dogs were running near Charlotte ?

gnorris74

Spike
It wasn’t near Charlotte, it was a club in Richmond county. Thanks Dolfan, I figured public land and fairly deep in would be my best bet.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer

At the risk of sending another thread to the dog forum, if you want to hunt without dogs being around, you better stick to a county where it's not allowed. Even the bow only clubs won't be able to keep the dogs off their land if they are in dog country.

gnorris74

Spike
Not trying to offend anyone, dog club guys are great, lots of friends in them. Just like I’d rather hunt with a bow than a rifle, just personal preference and no ill will towards anyone at all. Thanks for the tips though to all who have posted.