Interested in some opinions...

Rc187

Six Pointer
What do you guys think about a indoor archery range being put in around oakridge/kernersville? Thinking about a indoor range with paper/3d targets that doesnt cost a ton to come enjoy.
Offering lessons fun shoots competitions maybe turkey shoots kids shoots just throwing around some ideas on a more centrally located place to come enjoy archery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Personally, I'm not paying a dime to go somewhere and shoot my bow, but I imagine some people do. I've never look into it, but I'd think that unless the competitions really take off, keeping the doors open will be a struggle.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Personally, I'm not paying a dime to go somewhere and shoot my bow, but I imagine some people do. I've never look into it, but I'd think that unless the competitions really take off, keeping the doors open will be a struggle.

concur,,,

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
There is an archery shop in Charlotte that holds competition shooting in the back of their place of business. I can't think of the name but Google is your friend. It would be wise to speak with others that have done what you're looking to do...

Years ago, and in a universe far, far away (Chicago) I was a member of a gun club that would allow indoor archery during the winter months. They would set the target butts against one full wall (no windows or doors) and we could back up maybe 60 to 65 feet to shoot. All we shot were "dots" (1" orange dot) and it helped to pass the long, snowy winters. A few side bets may have been made, I don't recall, memory is fuzzy on that point...

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Yeah, I prefer to shoot 3d outside at clubs and at stumps and such in the woods while roving about. Paying to shoot otherwise would not really be for me. I am in Asheboro.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
We used to shoot indoor winter tournaments in a converted chicken farm building in Newton Grove years ago. It was a blast in the winter months.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Indoor ranges are nice in areas where there are enough folks willing to support them.

I really only pay (reluctantly) for the few tournaments I enter. I have a 70m range at home.

But our club (and I bet others) really need a place to practice in the winter due to decreased daylight and the cold.