Venison Recipes

outdoorgirljenna

Button Buck
Now that the end of the season is approaching and our freezer is pretty darn full (hubby got 2 bucks, I got a doe), my husband and I are dying to make all kinds of different venison recipes. Post your favorite venison recipe for us to try! Pics of them are welcome too!:D

mrnoshootemaintgood

Four Pointer
Now that the end of the season is approaching and our freezer is pretty darn full (hubby got 2 bucks, I got a doe), my husband and I are dying to make all kinds of different venison recipes. Post your favorite venison recipe for us to try! Pics of them are welcome too!:D
1 deer roast in crock pot, add half stick butter, whole bottle of A1, garlic salt, meat Tenderizer, and little Bit of chicken or beef broth. Add can of potatoes whole or cut. Cook overnight on low.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Chopped sautéed mushrooms and onions. Wrap in spring rolls. Deep fry and dip in your favorite sauce. Queso or mustard is what I prefer.
Hard to beat straps on the grill or good burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on the deer y'all have taken.
There's a wild game recipes section on here that has a ton of recipes on it.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
Good jerky recipe:
1 large onion
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4-1/2 cup water
1/4 cup of worsh sauce
2 tablespoons season salt
2 tbl spoons garlic powder
1 tbl spoon black pepper

Mix in blender or nutibullet until liquified paste
Marinate on 3lbs of ground venison.
Place on dehydrator for 6-8 hours.
Enjoy!!
I had to make 2 batches of marinate for the 3 lbs .

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
1/2 back strap marinated in McCormick's Meat Marinade as long as you desire. I usually marinate it around an hour. Lay slices of bacon side by side on plate, etc. Lay strap in bacon, wrap, secure. I use toothpicks. Grill over high heat, using a drip pan to prevent an inferno. Lol. When bacon is just done, strap should be medium rare at most. Should end up with tips of bacon blackened, but the rest of the bacon "flexible". Certainly DO NOT want crunchy bacon!! Undercooked is better than overcooked. My preference is rare. My favorite venison recipe.

Last edited:

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Cut the back straps 1.5”-2” salt and pepper.
Get grill as hot as possible.
1.5-2 minutes each side and eat as soon as they come off the grill.

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Deer roast in crock pot with two cans of cream of mushroom soup and a beef bullion cube on low for about 6 hours. Served with mashed taters with the gravy from the roast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
1 deer roast in crock pot, add half stick butter, whole bottle of A1, garlic salt, meat Tenderizer, and little Bit of chicken or beef broth. Add can of potatoes whole or cut. Cook overnight on low.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Cut the back straps 1.5”-2” salt and pepper.
Get grill as hot as possible.
1.5-2 minutes each side and eat as soon as they come off the grill.

Same with a black skillet on the stove.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Deer cube steak :

Place venison in crock pot , add package of McCormick brown gravy mix , stir in 2 cups of either beef or chicken broth ( your preference here ) salt / pepper to taste.

Let it cook on low 4 to 6 hours adding a bit of corn starch to the mix for the last hour or so.

Mashed potatoes , and corn bread with gravy made in the pot.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Cubed steaks dipped in egg then dust with flower and bread crumbs. Fry in peanut oil. Set aside to drain. Do 2 cups of Mckormicks brown gravy. Take cooked cubed steaks and slide them into the gravy. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
Posted before...but:
Backstrap cut 1/2" thick- cover medallions with plastic wrap and lightly pound out with meat hammer to tenderize and make cube steak size pieces
lightly salt & pepper- coat with flour
add 1/4" or so veg oil in pot- brown meat pieces (you aren't cooking them but lightly brown) and set aside to brown remaining pieces
when all meat is browned add a mounded tablespoon of flour to oil and crumbles and stir into roux
when roux is medium brown add 1 cup milk and water to needed quantity of gravy and stir (wisk works best) constantly until it begins to thicken
season gravy with S&P to taste- add meat to gravy and simmer on low 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally (time to make a pot of rice)

You can use cube steak for this but the tenderized backstrap melts in your mouth

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Backstraps cut in 1/2x1-1/2 inch pieces. Roll in House Autry seafood batter. Fry in a little oil in cast iron on medium, 4 minutes each side. Everyone here loves it. Seems to "stretch" it out too.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Here's two

Deer teriyaki burgers

Grind the deer meat with 5 to 10 percent fat. So with 10 pounds I will grind in half a pound to 1#(pound) of fat. I will usually get ribeye fat, just ask the butcher at IGA or a local meat market. For 1.5# meat mix in 1T chopped garlic and 1T chopped ginger. Grill the burgers to your desired temp (we like medium to med well) and baste with store bought teriyaki right before you flip the first time. Baste the other side ws well. Melt provolone on top when cooked. A grilled pineapple ring is good on there too. Put on your favorite bun and enjoy.

Stir fry is great with venison.
Most hind cuts like sirloin and round are good for stir fry. The key is to clean the silver skin and shave the meat THIN. Thinly slice peppers and onions. Wash an 8oz bag of sugar snap peas and drain a small can of bamboo shoots. Crack two eggs in a small bowl. U can use the store bought teriyaki for the sauce. Chopped ginger and garlic are good here too.

In a screaming hot skillet or wok flash Sautee the shaved deer , remove and set aside. Add the peppers, onion, pea pods and bamboo shoots and saute for 2 minutes. Add some more oil and scramble in the eggs. Add the deer, teriyaki, garlic and ginger, cook until hot which won't be very long. Serve over white rice and enjoy.

No I'm not Asian, I just eat like one.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Life hack.
a322f37d025abcc18cd7c3b2b7bf7823.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Wednesday night was deer heart soft tacos.

Sliced into thin strips and tossed in a little verde salsa. Cooked a bit of choirizo sausage about halfway done and added it (with grease) to the raw heart

Flash fried that all together on medium-high heat in a skillet and server hot with fresh onions and cilantro on warm corn tortillas..>

Got. Awl. Mighty...

BWstickman

Button Buck
Ok I got one for ya... it's pretty darn good... take a tenderloin and slice em 1/4" think... I lay tin foil on counter and place pieces on tin foil cover with plastic wrap... I have a meat mallet that is flat on one side and waffle pattern on other. I use the flat side... pound them down about 1/8" thick... I take Italian bread crumbs and parmigiana cheese 50/50 mix it up for coating... dip meat in egg and milk mixture then in breaking then fry till golden brown... you'll be slapping your brains out with your tongue!!!