12-16

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Cool crisp morning at 28 degrees in DC wuth a light frost. Heading to a ground blind with heater, cousin headed to condo.
Good luck

7bf0b060a2193ae4a17ac94bba0748c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DanH

Four Pointer
About to walk out back to the box stand with the Lil Buddy. 25 degrees in Wentworth

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Headed to sit on the ground behind my aunts house. Can’t hunt long this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Up in a little stand in Wake co. 27°this morning. Love winter, love hunting. Nice combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
Covering the other side of the Rock from DanH. Buddy heater wide open.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
25 degrees in my part of wake. Squirrels just woke up...

Forgot my gloves[emoji20]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

cgrhyne

Six Pointer
Truck said 24 when I parked this morning. Heavy frost here in Anson. Came to a “new area” I’ve hunted near but never in. Had to stretch the Summit cables about as far as they would go and wrestle a fat pine, but it’s the only climbable tree where I could see what I wanted to. Good luck to all who are out braving the cold. Surely they’ve got to be on their feet to stay warm.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Already had a couple move around. I heard them walking and then they started blowing. Sounded like at each other but who knows

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
25 degrees in my part of wake. Squirrels just woke up...

Forgot my gloves[emoji20]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
The likelihood that papa Smurf will have his hands in his pants just increased exponentially.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
At least the water fowlers are seeing something. The neighbors are hunting beside me.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just resettled in at a double ladder on a plot. Miscommunication had two of us watching the same plot this AM..with me downwind..
Cameras showing late am movement, mostly young bucks.
19 degrees and heavy frost in Forsyth this am.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham County. I predict I will not see a deer today. I have yet to see one on a sunny day. All have been on cloudy days.

ka30270

Six Pointer
I'm looking down through the pines where they cross at the ditch.....
d227f291dfcdf5808c8b8d8fe8cb1ec8.jpg

robertc

Eight Pointer
Well crap, propane tank on buddy heater just ran out. I guess I'll just have to put on my big boy panties and toughen up.

bb1970

Six Pointer
In the stand in Wilkes for probably be my last sit of the year hoping mr big will show. Good luck to everyone out today be careful and let’s all be grateful to be able to get out and enjoy what God has blessed us with !

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Up at 4, plan was to be in 45 mins early. Stopped to pickup pops & he over slept. So we snuck in at shooting light instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Planned on going out this morning but when I got up at 4 I decided I was going to wait till this afternoon. Trying out a new spot and I don't like trying to find a good tree to climb in the dark when I can't see the surroundings.

DanH

Four Pointer
Well crap, propane tank on buddy heater just ran out. I guess I'll just have to put on my big boy panties and toughen up.

Lol didn't we have this conversation last week. Saw 1 small doe at 730

robertc

Eight Pointer
Lol didn't we have this conversation last week. Saw 1 small doe at 730
Yeah, we did but I changed out the tank with a new one. Haven't seen a thing except crows eatting my corn. I have gone all season without pulling the trigger. It's doe time.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns

I keep an extra or 2 at the stand. Ran out once on a cold morning, won't happen again.

Building a new condo and will have a 20 pound tank on the heater, but still a small cannister just in case.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had to come out early. Did a quick scouting trip and there are dozens of new rubs and scrapes in here, some weren’t even there yesterday evening.

Hunting Vance the rest of the weekend over a big new corn pile