Lost a good one today

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Dad got after a buck this morning and crippled him up. Dogs caught him several times and finally the guy hunting with dad got to them and finished the deer off. They started rounding up the dogs and had one missing. She was 130 yards on GPS but wasn't moving. So they walked in to her and found her dead. The buck has stabbed her up against a fallen tree and punctured her lung or something. She was really starting to shine this year. Rest easy girl..you will be missed.

Here is April on a buck early this season that she ran for a couple hours...you tell she was give out.
WP_20171027_13_24_04_Pro.jpg

This was her the next day taking a break.
WP_20171028_13_01_11_Pro.jpg

This was her last race.
V__3608.jpg

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Yea it was dads dog. He told me this evening he rather have his dog than a 20 point buck. He does have two other females that was her liter mates..so them genes are still in the house.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Hate y'all lost a dog, I'm sure it happens like that from time to time.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
It's always the good ones, well it seems that way. I'm sorry for your dads loss, it is never good. Her being a young dog starting to shine, I'm sure makes it even worse. At least she was hunting, she must have been giving that buck a h3ll of a time.