Skydiving

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
As usual, I'm struggling to find a gift for my wife for Christmas. I can't buy clothes and she has about every electronic device ever invented. Since she has had several friends and coworkers die in the last few years, she's more interested in doing experiences than buying stuff since you never know when your number is up. One of the things on her bucket list is doing a tandem skydive. Since I know nothing about the opportunities here in NC, I thought I'd ask you guys. Any recommendations on a skydiving company to choose?

C120

Six Pointer
It's a little drive from Apex but there is an outfit in Chester, SC that does a lot of first-timer jumps. I had some friends jump with them and they we very happy with the safety, training, and equipment. They still talk about the experience in glowing terms.

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Skydive Carolina, right outside of Charlotte in Chester SC. Great people and loads of fun there. I have jumped with them three times on tandems.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
As usual, I'm struggling to find a gift for my wife for Christmas. I can't buy clothes and she has about every electronic device ever invented. Since she has had several friends and coworkers die in the last few years, she's more interested in doing experiences than buying stuff since you never know when your number is up. One of the things on her bucket list is doing a tandem skydive. Since I know nothing about the opportunities here in NC, I thought I'd ask you guys. Any recommendations on a skydiving company to choose?

There is a company that does it up in Franklin county as well. My brother in law has done it several times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Skydive Carolina in Chester as others have said.
I didn’t jump but I took my son this summer.
First class operation.
They can do a video of your jump and it’s worth every penny to get the video.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The place in Franklin Co. is Triangle Skydiving Center. It is on hwy. 56 between Louisburg and Franklinton, probably about 10 min. off of US 1 in Franklinton.

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I bought my wife a skydiving experience from Piedmont skydiving there is a Groupon that they always have for $179 and they did a really good job and had a nice photography experience as well 4 I think $75 more she got the video and the pictures well worth the money she loved it. Me on the other hand you'll never get to jump out of a perfectly fine airplane.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Paraclete XP in Raeford has indoor and outdoor skydiving. I've been to their wind tunnel indoor system and it was fun.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Paraclete XP in Raeford has indoor and outdoor skydiving. I've been to their wind tunnel indoor system and it was fun.

this

bubbas from Bragg train there, good crew, good fun, and Raeford drop zone just a hop-skip-jump from there,,,,,,

it's a thrill leaving a perfectly good airplane and falling towards Earth at over 100 to 120 mph,,,,,

another thing to factor in - the folks at Paraclete have the only (last I checked) skydive wind tunnel in NC,,,a few "flights" in the wind tunnel prior to the tandem are a lot of fun as well,,,help teaches the aerodynamics of what she will shortly "fall" into!!

Last edited:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I bought my wife a skydiving experience from Piedmont skydiving there is a Groupon that they always have for $179 and they did a really good job and had a nice photography experience as well 4 I think $75 more she got the video and the pictures well worth the money she loved it. Me on the other hand you'll never get to jump out of a perfectly fine airplane.

I've jumped with Piedmont Skydiving and loved it. I would recommend them if you're close to Rowan Co.
You may have to wait until spring though
It's awfully cold at 10,000' during the winter months.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
The place in Franklin Co. is Triangle Skydiving Center. It is on hwy. 56 between Louisburg and Franklinton, probably about 10 min. off of US 1 in Franklinton.

Yep! They are popular! There were scouring the land my buddy hunted on in centerville for a jumper who's chute never opened. They are thorough! No leaf was unturned!

You think your search is tough? My wife wants to learn sword fighting!

Last edited:

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
As others have said, I used skydive Carolina to take my wife for Christmas last year. Worth every penny and when they offer you another jump at a discounted rate if you’ll buy it on the same day as your first jump, do it :)

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
this

bubbas from Bragg train there, good crew, good fun, and Raeford drop zone just a hop-skip-jump from there,,,,,,

it's a thrill leaving a perfectly good airplane and falling towards Earth at over 100 to 120 mph,,,,,

another thing to factor in - the folks at Paraclete have the only (last I checked) skydive wind tunnel in NC,,,a few "flights" in the wind tunnel prior to the tandem are a lot of fun as well,,,help teaches the aerodynamics of what she will shortly "fall" into!!

Lot of people train at the wind tunnel. Also Raeford Airfield does tons of jumping. Tandem is the quick easy fast way to get her knees in the breeze.

Planes are good taking off, its those landings that are tricky. I have taken off in over 1200 planes I never landed in any where from 800 to 25,000 feet.

Last edited:

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Lot of people train at the wind tunnel. Also Raeford Airfield does tons of jumping. Tandem is the quick easy fast way to get her knees in the breeze.

Planes are good taking off, its those landings that are tricky. I have taken off in over 1200 planes I never landed in any where from 800 to 25,000 feet.

Thanks for your service.

ahales

Four Pointer
My wife and I skydived with triangle skydiving in Louisburg a couple years back. Great operation, very professional and safety was number one priority. We found a Groupon for it. Think it was around 175 each and you had 6 months yo use it. The 6 months gave me time to lose weight to be under to 230 lbs max limit. We paid extra 100 each to have video and pics. The photographer took awesome video and photos and they give it to you on a thumb drive. Up in the sky you could see all the surrounding towns many miles away and the plane turned in it’s climb to 13,000 ft over Muscat’s stadium. Very cool experience. I would do it again.