Geminids Meteor Shower

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
For those that don't know..Sky Map is a free app and very easy to use to locate what ever you wish to view in the sky. Download the app, just type "gemi.." in the search box and rotate your phone according to the display and you will be looking where you need to for viewing. Kinda neat app.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I saw some doubles and triples last night. I didn't even go out during the peak. One of the best meteor showers I have seen in years.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I went to the back of "the Loop" last night, surrounded by huge empty fields. Heckuva light show!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Down side of living near a large city. Went out and watched around 11:30 but saw nothing but city glow and airliners.

kyle7630

Twelve Pointer
It was a clear and cold night at my place. Wrapped up and watched the first couple hours with my son. Ended up watching the peak with the dog curled up beside me on the swing. What a show we were blessed with that night. It was the best I'd seen in quite some time, and the best my son has ever witnessed. Had this wonderful sunset the following evening to boot.IMG_20171214_171037390_HDR[1].jpg