12/13 live

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Had 23* when I left the house. Got settled in by 6:30. At 6:36 had a small doe and her buck fawn come in and wipe out the corn. Momma left at 7:05. The buck fawn is still scrounging for every last kernel. :)

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Fire truck just went by on the main highway. Coyotes just over the ridge liked what they heard... howling like mad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
22 here in Richfield on Alcoa. Hunting a clearcut in bottom, haven’t hunted in here for years and saw they cut it on aerial images so gave it a try. Hoping to film my “boss”/coworker get his first deer, if my batteries last the morning. Had good luck hunting frosty clearcuts once the sun gets up and hits them, we will see.

Last edited:

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Swamp bottom in Duplin. Hoping once sun gets in here they’ll get moving. Cypress trees been rubbed plenty in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
22 here in Richfield on Alcoa. Hunting a clearcut in bottom, haven’t hunted in here for years and saw they cut it on aerial images so gave it a try. Hoping to film my “boss”/coworker get his first deer, if my batteries last the morning. Had good luck hunting frosty clearcuts once the sun gets up and hits them, we will see.

As you have probably figured out, those cold temps in the low 20's or below really do a number on cameras and batteries. Mine does some funky things when it gets that cold.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Dropped to 22* before heading back up. Dead quiet here except for people activity. OK ... enough of this bone-chilling cold. Time to get to work.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
As you have probably figured out, those cold temps in the low 20's or below really do a number on cameras and batteries. Mine does some funky things when it gets that cold.

No doubt, tried to keep them warm on the way in, in s fleece bag in another bag and surrounded by a jacket and neck warmer. Should have stuck a hand warmer to the camera and spare battery.

Last edited:

CAP305

Six Pointer
Up in Montgomery but not sure how much longer. Fidgeting from cccccold. Almost hit a nice buck with truck. Only deer all morn. Nice meteor shower before dawn tho.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Been back up an hour and feel good about catching one slipping through before dark. May not see a thing but this is the kind of place I like to hunt late season. When this clearcut gets too thick to see in these drainages running through it will be money if the deer population on this section of Alcoa improves any. Just not a lot of deer on it like there is a few miles down the road at some other spots I hunt.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Got off at 3 today and thought about going out, decided there wasn't enough daylight, kinda wishing I'd made the other choice lol. Not sure yet if I'll be able to go this weekend

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Already 5 gobblers and 3 does walk past me in bow range, I think they are moving good, maybe they've been laying low in the wind last 24 hours

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Harnett county hunting upside down keeps my scent closer to the ground ;)

Attachments

• 15132017032991144387701.jpg
    15132017032991144387701.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
^^^Those cut overs are poping up everywhere on the side of Harnett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
8 does seen, 3 or so other unidentified at dark. Slowed down driving home for a cowhorn trying to cross the road, flipped high beams on and looked behind him, big big buck right with him, most likely both on a does trail. He had so much height and mass first thing that came to mind was buck in velvet, deer was big.