New Hi Point carbine

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
you know, people crap on the hi-point stuff, but I've got one of these 9mm carbines with a red dot on it. Had it for over 10 years. Has never, ever failed to go bang over thousands of rounds...

When we got to big fun shoots with friends... more people have fun blasting away with that cheap thing than all my other AR's, bolt guns, pistols, etc. (think I paid $100 for it used)

Haha, well that and a 10-22 with a 50rd mag.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a hi-point 40 S&W, it has never jammed or failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger. Yeah it's ugly and heavy but it does what it is supposed to do.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I used to have a Hi-Point 9mm carbine...and very well may get one of these 10mm for home defense. They are ugly but if they go bang every time like my 9mm did they will make an awesome home defense weapon. They are not built the best so I wouldn't recommend a lot of target shooting with one...but once they are proven reliable, how much close range target practice is really needed with one?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I used to have a Hi-Point 9mm carbine...and very well may get one of these 10mm for home defense. They are ugly but if they go bang every time like my 9mm did they will make an awesome home defense weapon. They are not built the best so I wouldn't recommend a lot of target shooting with one...but once they are proven reliable, how much close range target practice is really needed with one?

Mine with the red dot will ring the gong at 50 yards all day long. Fun to stretch it out to 100 too...

That little gun in 10mm with a red dot would make a SWEET hog gun when dogging them with hounds like we used to do. Short, light, handy.
Shooting a hot hard cast flat point 180gr from Buffalo Bore or something.
Checked the specs earlier when I read this and that round with a 16" barrel would be pushing 1,200 ft.lbs. at the muzzle.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
My only concern with hi points is the rifling erosion I've seen in some. Had one that had rifling stripping separated and coming out of the barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ive never heard of a bad hipoint experience. Heard rumors, but no experiences from anyone that had shot them.

Reloader762

I have the Hi Point carbine in 45 ACP, it's a blast to shoot and one some weekend shoots when a bunch of friends come over it one of the most requested guns to shoot. Accuracy is spot on as well using my Lee 200 gr. cast SWC's and HOE 220 gr. cast HP's and I get good expansion with those as well.
FgNrzl7.jpg

Recovered NOE 220 gr. HP
eFe8KbD.jpg

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Yeah the price on those things spiked for a little while after everyone found out about them. Would like to have one myself.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Is there a reason you would not make a carbine in a bottleneck round like the 357 SIG?

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
We have a digital tan in 9mm. Put a Vortec 1x on it..... super combo. Runs better than a rolex, hits the steel hard and tuns o fun! Great house carbine too. I'd have another anytime.