• IMG_20171211_134823784.jpg
    IMG_20171211_134823784.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_20171211_134832460.jpg
    IMG_20171211_134832460.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 445

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
No ,came as kit, skull reproduction took about 15mins to attach antlers to synthetic skull, took some of the guys suggestions on forum and took some of the shine of with a painters sanding block ,for the money will do other racks i have laying around. this was a buck i killed in november this year.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nice job! I've done oe like that. I didn't like the shine on the plastic so I camo dipped it before mounting the antlers.

Last edited:

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Looks really nice!

May be a silly question but did sawing the antlers off the skull affect the racks width at all?

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
You have to take measurements of width and then adjust antlers by turning them in or out after you get them screwed in place on the pedical bases. Not perfect but got it to within and 1"

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
They make one called record keeper,where you cut the skull off with the antlers and attach to the synthetic skull, but if it's that big you would want to do another kind if mount i'm sure.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
You have to take measurements of width and then adjust antlers by turning them in or out after you get them screwed in place on the pedical bases. Not perfect but got it to within and 1"

Good to know! I've got a few smallish 8 pointers just laying around that I'd like to try this with to see how I like it.

Bigbass78

Four Pointer
QUOTE=fowlplay'n;1896152]Good to know! I've got a few smallish 8 pointers just laying around that I'd like to try this with to see how I like it.[/QUOTE]
If you are anywhere near Sanford I have one hanging up in my shop i had a set of sheds on took them off it has been hanging there for a couple of years if you want it you can have it

Bigbass78

Four Pointer
If anybody near Sanford and wants one of the mountain mikes skull I have one I will give them took the horns off and it's just been hanging around