Attempted suicide bomber in NY city - mixed reports

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
We literally just got back from a four day trip to New York yesterday, kinda eerie when i heard the news this morning. We were all over that area several times.

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
I imagine we will see more and more of this in our country. Too many wackos, and ignorant people who allow/want to keep those who do not share our values into this country.

We have sooo many "soft" targets in this country. I expect many to call for a "police state", in order to keep us "safe". I expect many more calls for greater gun control, in order to keep us "safe". I expect a greater loss of freedom, disguised in bills labeled by politicians as "patriot acts".

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
another reason to avoid those big cities and the target rich environment they present.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
another reason to avoid those big cities and the target rich environment they present.

I couldnt help but think while we were there that super crowded areas like time square and 5th ave were super easy targets for something like this. Especially with a device like what was used this morning. There were some areas where we literally had to push through masses of people just to get across the street. There were NYPD everywhere but they could stop anything like that.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just got an email from my buddy, he missed it by few minutes going to work this morning.

How do you even prevent something like this? I mean a 1/4 million people go throw Port Authority each week day. You have so many buses coming in how do you check all the bags coming through?

Now on the other hand the NYC mayor is a real winner and does nothing to help the city become safer.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
We literally just got back from a four day trip to New York yesterday, kinda eerie when i heard the news this morning. We were all over that area several times.

My wife and her brother along with my sister in law came back Saturday evening. They was staying one block from where this happened.

Y'all really should just stay away seriously. It's like someone on here posted, it's a target rich environment. There really isn't anything to see. Hell I live here and I hate it. Stay down in America, it's cleaner, safer more normal than all these wack jobs

Sab

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I went just so I could experience it and make my own opinion. Never in my early years did I think I would go, but I have now and can say it's not really a place that will be going back to. It really wasn't a bad experience I actually had fun while there, but after 3 days of riding the subway and dodging people I was done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LOL I'm from New york State. The only time I was ever in NYC was in Port Authority once because Uncle Sam had me take take a bus to Fort Dix NJ for my basic training in the Army and I had to change busses there. If it hadn't been for that I would probably never had been in NYC in my life. I'm 54 now and have no intention of going there.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree with Lindsey Graham on the terrorist...do not give him any normal legal rights...it was a terrorist act...makes it an act of war...turn him over to the Military.

And I'll add: Then execute him immediately.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone notice that the MSM is saying he was from Brooklyn? instead of stating he was a radical Muslim from Bangladesh who came here via a family member? Honestly I think ALL immigration should be stopped for 6 months to a year till we can get a handle on things and figure out who all these people are we are just rubber stamping in.........

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was reading where his family was complaining about how he was treated since he had only "allegedly" done this evil deed. Really???He did have a pipe bomb strapped to himself and detonated it in a busy station at prime time and he had told the world through social media of his intentions....so Allegedly means absolutely nothing to them except an excuse to get a few minutes of notoriety and maybe a paycheck from the city of NY.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Hang the terrorist and send his family back to where ever they came from, and a lot more with them..

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
They are learning to use our laws and good nature against us, helped by the liberals and their "news" media every step of the way.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
They need to stop the chain migration and add that if you are already here through this program, and one of your family members is found guilty of an act of terror, we will execute the terrorists and ship the rest of you all back to the cesspool you came from. If they turn a family memeber in and prevent an attack we will allow you to stay, but they still get executed. It might help thwart the next attempt.

I know it would never fly but neither will anything else as long as the libs keep pushing their stupid politcal correctness.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They need to stop the chain migration and add that if you are already here through this program, and one of your family members is found guilty of an act of terror, we will execute the terrorists and ship the rest of you all back to the cesspool you came from. If they turn a family memeber in and prevent an attack we will allow you to stay, but they still get executed. It might help thwart the next attempt.

I know it would never fly but neither will anything else as long as the libs keep pushing their stupid politcal correctness.

Good plan, I might even give the family a pack of bacon as a nice parting gift when they get on the plane!