12-11-2017

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Brisk at 25 degrees in Kenansville with a nice layer of frost on the ground. Burrrrr headed to my condo with the HEATER.

Good luck... be safe
4ec10bac7eb51a9fe5b7ee6576a8e301.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I've been in the stand since 5:45. Had a decent six point out at first light. Nothing now. Hard frost here in southern Beaufort county this morning.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Squirrels everywhere.... gonna thin the population after deer season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Well...I admit I must be the worst shot in the world right now. Had a 2 minute hunt this morning....missed the same doe. Starting to think she has the matrix juju for dodging bullets.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I should have my butt kicked for not hunting yesterday. Didn't feel like being out in the cold and got to watch 7 does cross the driveway 3 times yesterday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Squirrels generally hibernate new year's day in these parts ...
Ive got a few extra bags of corn and about 300lbs of acorns froozen just for those tree rats come January. Plus urban archery season coming up aswell

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
Temp hit 22 right before the Sun came up, in Chatham Co. Didn't see a Deer, but had 12 Squirrels, in my Corn Pile, at the same time. They'll pay, come January.
Gonna hit my other stand, this afternoon, with the Pistol.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Watching a small corner of a cut bean field in Randolph this evening. There's a hawk in the field hunting also. The hawk is not hurt but is spending quite a bit of time on the ground stalking through the leftover stalks and weeds. It can run amazingly fast. This is the 3rd time I witnessed this behavior in this stand. It is an absolutely beautiful bird, I wish I had my Leica with me.

<>< Fish

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Got to the cabin in Duplin at 2:45, unload and now in box blind. Thinning strip on left and food plot on right. After deer hunt time for chili then to the creek to deal with some beavers.

ditchbank

Banned
Try rattling, this past week I have watched several
Bucks fight and different locations. I got these guys on camera yesterday. When the dies come in the bucks chase them around but once the bucks come back in front of the camera alone they fight again.

a49d132969bfe86efc7d98fadade6f41.jpg

008cc1410033537a143737d2d1b513d6.jpg

mrnoshootemaintgood

Four Pointer
Well she ain't big but I got it done first deer of the season. It was just a quick 20-minute hunt behind the house
e10e5e195be00c2e864bec3a420ea1cf.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
It's Doecember, turned Cade loose when 7 came out. Crazy but I get more excited for him to shoot something than anything now days. Moore County, .243, 110lb and 125lb does #makinmemories #firstdouble

Attachments

• IMG_20171211_175201023.jpg
    IMG_20171211_175201023.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 84

mrnoshootemaintgood

Four Pointer
It's Doecember, turned Cade loose when 7 came out. Crazy but I get more excited for him to shoot something than anything now days. Moore County, .243, 110lb and 125lb does #makinmemories #firstdouble
Congrats to both of you! Always great to make memories in the woods

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk