Thermal question.

I've been thinking about getting into thermal monocular/binoculars/goggles. This will be used for nighttime predator hunting. I'm considering the Seek compact xr for my phone, Seek Reveal, or may spring for the Flir scout tk. Anyone had experience with either of these units or suggestions in this price range for something else I may not be aware of ($200-$600). I'm not necessarily looking to be able to identify everything at 200+ yards but I would like to detect something is there in the 100-250 yard range. Out of the three of these I know the flir scout tk will probably be the best choice, however if the Seek compact xr will detect out to 200 yards I could probably be content with that. Thanks in advance for the feedback

mdunker

Ten Pointer
I have a friend who had the flir scout. He sent it back because the detection range was not far enough. He wanted 150-200 yards and it could not give him that. He changed to the Pulsar 19A hand held which I had at the time. He loves it but the price on that one is around $1500 but well worth it.

Larry R. uses the Pulsar Edge night vision binocs and loves those. You may can pm him for more info. Those may be in your range.

I have not heard of any of the phone set ups working well.