NO either-sex Deer hunting in Macon county did this include the first archery season?

blackbear

Spike
I was looking at the late archery season for western nc.page 50 reg.book and it shows in red that its buck only 12-10 until Jan.1.
I hunt Macon Co.
The same page 50 ,counties Cherokee,Clay,Graham,Jackson,Macon,Swain,all colored white on the map....Plainly states NO EITHER-SEX SEASON!!!
Other counties that are colored in purple,yellow,blue and green declare.... Gun either-sex season.
OK where i come from NO means NO PERIOD.NO PROBLEM.
So after looking more into the regs. on page 57 under Archery Deer seasons second dot in red it plainly states;Deer of either-sex maybe taken during the first and second archery deer seasons in all areas in and west of Henderson,Buncombe,McDowell,Burke,Caldwell,Watuga and ASHE.
Sooo i figure if Macon is west, then Either-sex "was" ok at the first of Archery season Sept.9-Oct.1 , even though the regs. on page 50 plainly states that Macon county has NO either-sex season!!!!
Am i the one that is confused ?
I have believed NO either-sex means NO Does /antlerless Deer during early archery season in Macon co. and now today 12-10 ..... on page 57 which is seven pages over from page 50...!!!!!!! i read all areas west of Henderson,Buncombe,etc. is ok to harvest either-sex?
Help me understand what i'am seeing wrong when i read the Archery rules/laws for my county?

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I would call one of these guys for the best answer.

KENNETH ASHE MASTER OFF. Macon 828-200-2844
MICKEY CARPENTER MASTER OFF. Macon 828-557-0616

RJ1

Ten Pointer
I get your way of thinking however I think had they wanted to include Macon county they would have stated it as they did the other counties.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Second segment is antlered only for WNC except Ruyhetford Polk and Cleveland Cos

1st segment either sex

Last edited: