12-10-17 Live

robertc

Eight Pointer
Good morning folks,

Setting in my tower stand at the Rock. Beautiful sunrise. Good luck to all.
76f303c87bcb07c772f6b697e3dda37f.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
'Mornin' ...

Been set up for about 15 min. I'm thinking that these dates and this time of the season is a good one. Good luck, all.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Man my bed was nice and warm this morning. It was hard to get up. Made it to stand about 6:45. Hoping this cold clear morning gets them on their feet after all that weather. Good luck and keep warm.

robertc

Eight Pointer
So far the cold doesn't seem to be helping in my neck of the woods. Haven't seen a thing.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I️ stayed in the bed. I️ might go in for the evening sit. Good luck guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
My warm bed and the wood stove in the next room was difficult to leave this morning but a warm blind made it more tolerable. Yeah, I'm cheating a little.
03b4c3fc794be120871ccfe734f8c789.jpg

Last edited:

lowery63

Four Pointer
My warm bed and the wood stove in the next room was difficult to leave this morning but a warm blind made it more tolerable. Yeah, I'm cheating a little.
03b4c3fc794be120871ccfe734f8c789.jpg

Man its not cheating its getting smarter or older
23bf41b4a4773933cb22907f1a830d62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
Man its not cheating its getting smarter or older
23bf41b4a4773933cb22907f1a830d62.jpg

Older yes, not sure any smarter. I told a buddy of mine that after 40 plus years of deer hunting I'm not sure if I know anymore now than when I started.

Zomdeer78

Button Buck
Haven't had a deer on cam during daylight in 3 weeks. I stayed in bed and got some much needed sleep. I might make it for a evening hunt on Tuesday.

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I slept in this morning. Afternoons have been pretty good for me lately. Watched the biggest group of doe and fawns yesterday afternoon I have seen in a while. There were 17 in a coastal burmuda field. They were eating wil onion greens. They all came out together. Also saw 20 hens on the way in and wouldn't get out of the road.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I'm thinking about going out in a little while and check food plots and corn piles and track from them back close to bedding areas
and get an idea on a couple of ambush spots between bedding and feeding areas.
We have about 2 inches of snow here so the tracking should be easy today.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I️ just went to put a cam out at the property I️ had planned to hunt this morning. Ground was torn up from what I️ decided was bucks fighting and then I️ spooked 3 bucks that we’re pushing a doe. Very nice bucks. they ran off grunting

I️ kicked myself in the butt the whole way to the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
They probably have a cam set up at your house and knew that you slept in today. :)

Mine checked their camera and knew I left the house early. :D

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I think someone gave the deer my work schedule. Got them on camera on days I work, nothing on days I'm off. It doesn't matter if I'm hunting or not. If I'm scheduled off work, the deer vanish.

lowery63

Four Pointer
I think someone gave the deer my work schedule. Got them on camera on days I work, nothing on days I'm off. It doesn't matter if I'm hunting or not. If I'm scheduled off work, the deer vanish.
They got u too lol

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I'll tell ya, though, with the light ice in the trees this am, sunrise was SPECTACULAR.

brumer0

Four Pointer

I didn’t hunt last weekend. Guess what? Deer at my stand Friday sat and Sunday evening.

Sometimes I wonder if they just bust me before I see them vs their pattern changing

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
In a ground blind in Duplin County. I saw deer everywhere yesterday afyernoon. On the way to spend the night with my Mama... give her some company.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Not sure if the deer will move this pm, but just had a flock of 50+ Turkeys come through. I thought there were a lot of acorns two months ago, it appears they have cleaned house. Maybe they left some for the deer.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Decided to come out and sit for the last hour of daylight; got a buck on camera showing up just a little after shooting light the past few days - hoping the cold will make him come a little earlier today.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
All is quiet and still where I'm setting in western Moore with the exception of a few dozen Robins.

<>< Fish

mTcPeQ0.jpg

Last edited:

robertc

Eight Pointer
Covering a field in Rockingham County. Had a big body deer along a grown up fence line around 4:30. Not sure what it was but it was a deer and I'll consider myself luck since my sightings have been slim recently.