What kind of cold weather food are y'all cooking today?

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Raining/snowing about all day here in Stanly county. The wife has a crock pot of chicken and dumplings going on one side of th kitchen and across the room I've got a pot of chili going that is sure to warm you up. We'll have the gas logs going this evening, cheating I know...wish we had a real wood stove. In the meantime I'm having a few Miller Lites, about to go out and feed my dogs and check a couple of coon feeders. Y'all have fun and stay safe. Let this start the usually nasty weather comfort food thread, what are y'all fixing this evening ?

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Cube steak with onions in the crock pot it will make some nice gravy while it cooks.. A pot of rice and also brussel sprouts. Blueberry pie for dessert..

Southside

Ten Pointer
Cube steak (from the Thanksgiving morning deer),gravy,rice,and fried okra. Then plenty of Jack Daniels for desert.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Spaghetti with deer meat sauce and banana pudding for dessert

Last edited:

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Picked up some NY Strips at the store gonna grill them. Having baked sweet potato, green beans and crescent rolls. Gonna be good. Picked up some sugar cake at Deweys for dessert. Sun trying to come out here.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Big pot of tater soup. Had it for lunch and looking foward to a bowl when I get out of this tree

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
We're in New Mexico (Holloman AFB) with my son and his family, and we make the entire Thanksgiving meal today since we missed it last month. But, if I were at home, it would be deer chili!

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
72862a9df2dc26cebf7d39abd51dbe0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Venison chili over rice with lots of cheese & onions, corn bread, and Pacifico beer.

Blanton's bourbon later this evening.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Stewed potato & corn chowder.

Stew some potatoes , then add plenty of cut corn off the cob , add heavy cream bring that back to a boil , add shredded cedar an bacon bits. Enjoy !

Last edited:

Southside

Ten Pointer
Stewed potato & corn chowder.

Stew some potatoes , then add plenty of cut corn off the cob , add heavy cream bring that back to a boil , add shredded cedar an bacon bits. Enjoy !
Thank you for adding the directions. I was already wandering.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
40 beef empanadas and 20 ham and cheese empanadas. Hosting my son's 7th birthday party and everyone loves empanadas!
FB_IMG_1512862129994.jpg

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Deer jerky and beer until I️ make I️t out somewhere. Too lazy to cook tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Because of the forecast, I made chili on Thursday.

Ground turkey, turkey sausage, diced green pepper, diced onion, diced green chilis, garlic, fresh cracked pepper, crushed tomatoes, black beans, and kidney beans.

I slice the precooked sausage, then dump it and everything else(except the ground turkey) in a Dutch oven or big pot and cover. I brown the ground turkey and press out the fat before adding to everything else. Cook on medium low for a couple hours and it's done.

Last edited:

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Same as you.......chili yesterday after cruising Mt Airy most of the day..........and chicken noodle/stew today after cruising the rest of Mt Airy....in the camper.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
40 beef empanadas and 20 ham and cheese empanadas. Hosting my son's 7th birthday party and everyone loves empanadas!

My wife is from Colorado and every Christmas her family made mincemeat empanadas and I would usually eat my fill.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Same as you.......chili yesterday after cruising Mt Airy most of the day..........and chicken noodle/stew today after cruising the rest of Mt Airy....in the camper.

If yal are up for a restaurant lunch, I highly recommend 13 Bones in Mount Airy. Wife and I drive from Walnut Cove some Sundays just to eat there. There's always a line forming before the doors open. Beyond their excellent food, one thing that keeps us going back is; the first time we ate there, there were two officers in uniform eating behind us, and when they asked for the check, they were informed by the waitress that their meals had been covered by the in-house first responders fund.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
wife is making vegatble beef stew tomorrow. Reckon I'll be hitting those frozen chicken pot pies pretty hard tomorrow night :mad:.

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
Made chili with venison chunks,ground beef and ground pork was mighty tasty also made chocolate chip cookies with pecans

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
We had a quiet birthday dinner of venison tenderloin (one of last years deer) and twice baked potatoes. Tonight will be smoked beef ribs, twice baked potatoes and cheese popovers. The twice baked potatoes are a new recipe I cooked up and she wants them again.....they may get a touch of hickory smoke along the way this time though.

Lance