Army/Navy Game

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t know if that kicker is going USN or USMC, but either way he is destined to be a SUP O...

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Dads ARMY won for the 2nd yr in a row..........hey but Squids are SUPER tough crowd too.

Shoulda called it the Snowy Bowl !!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
now that was a football game.

so proud of those teams and schools.

was it not perfect that Army had picked out white unis in honor of a Mountain Division and then they play in a snow storm?

that had to help on some level.

Last edited:

ncnat

Ten Pointer
now that was a football game.

so proud of those teams and schools.

was it not perfect that army had picked out white unis in honor of a mountain division and they play in a snow storm?

that had to help on some level.

I had to call my son and let him know that his Division was being honored at the game.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I got to go to Last year's game...Worth going to at least once if you're the least bit Patriotic.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I got to go to Last year's game...Worth going to at least once if you're the least bit Patriotic.

with that in mind, a quote from the game

"This is the only game where everybody playing the game is willing to die for everyone watching the game."

I know one thing. The Army defensive player (Voit) that saved the game with that run down tackle would be hell on anyone in this Country's way.

see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGOeirrcjL4

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
with that in mind, a quote from the game

"This is the only game where everybody playing the game is willing to die for everyone watching the game."
Nice, but not entirely true. There are other schools, including at least one other service academy that this holds for as well.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
you are absolutely correct. Very good point . I am embarrassed i did not mention that.

I knew what you meant :)

On that note, I do feel bad for the O-Lineman on that team...I've never served but I can't imagine that at 300 lbs they let you do anything...I would imagine that Senior year (maybe every year after the season) they have a miserable weight cutting in front of them...

I say that as a former College offensive lineman.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I knew what you meant :)

On that note, I do feel bad for the O-Lineman on that team...I've never served but I can't imagine that at 300 lbs they let you do anything...I would imagine that Senior year (maybe every year after the season) they have a miserable weight cutting in front of them...

Very few service academy OL ever reach 300lbs due to physical standards which is why they all almost exclusively run an option offense. If you're an undersized lineman, it's much easier to chop your opponent than go toe to toe with him.

As for the service, when I was in they did and didn't inherently go by weight. They had a weight threshold and if you were under you were good. If you were over, they did a body composition assessment (body fat %) and if you were under, you were good. I served with a lot of former collegiate athletes and a lot of heavy weight lifters who never met the weight threshold but always passed on the body fat threshold.

Last edited: