Lost my best friend tonight

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My sincere condolences for you and his family. All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers as you each go through this tragic loss. God Bless.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Prayers for his family, yours, and you for this untimely loss - it's never easy but especially so when they go young

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Sorry to read this and so close to Christmas. My thoughts and prayers for your loss and the family affected.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Way too young.

So sorry for your loss, my condolences to his family.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks everybody! His service is tomorrow evening....it will be tough ...he was one of those people that never meet a stranger and was always helping somebody with something they wanted or needed.....He was a very proud of his 2 boys....one in the Marines and the other working on his masters degree.....he raised them right and respectful. We had traveled to the club in Halifax together religiously for about the last 7 years. I hardly ever went without him and usually some of our 4 boys were there too. He improved upon everything and everyone he touched. We happened to run across each other in Academy sports in Apex last Friday afternoon. He had eye surgery on Thursday and was saying how pleased he was with his vision.....while standing there we firmed our plans up for this Friday to head to the club for opening of the 3rd split....we were all excited.....that night at 10:30ish his son called me in a panic and by the time I got to his house he was gone. Massive heart attack apparently.........My hunting soul has a large hole in it right now and I know it will get better.....time will help....his sons asked me if we could still go duck hunting this Saturday and I told them that Jeff would want us to go blow it up Saturday morning ! The trip is on and I pray it is epic! Jeff Blackmon....the greatest friend and hunting buddy anyone could ever have!RIP

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
48, way too young. Where was he born and raised? I know a friend of a friend who is roughly the same age and same name. Prayers for everyone.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My deepest sympathies for you. People look at hunters as just people in the woods killing stuff. They do not understand the everlasting memories and bonds that we build with friends, family, nature and God while pursuing our passion. It will be tough but he will still be with you on ever hunt, just in a different way. Hope the best for you and boys on Saturday. KTMan