Crow Hunters

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Just wondering if there were any serious crow hunters on here? Electronic call with about 6 crows calls for Christmas. Looking for any advice. Thanks.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I used to grow hunt a lot in the 90's. Big reason is my boss at the bank lived to grow hunt plus I had another friend that loved it as well. Only done it occasionally since then but I do not like an electronic call. We run and gunned and hit as many spots as we could and That was just some more gear to slow us down . We use lohman crow calls. Got me thinking maybe I will go again a use my go pro.

rlpsystems

Four Pointer
Into it like crazy...... Just picked up a fox pro patriot at cabalas. brought them into my yard pretty hot and fast. I was using mouth calls for the last few years. that only seemed to bring in a few birds. Maybe my sound? Either way. Im ready to give it a go tomorrow if I get a chance. Redneck Duck Huntin

Last edited:

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
My Foxpro has several crow calls, I usually start with revile call for 15-20 sec then switch to a fight; owl, crow or hawk. When the war opens up it switches to crow distress after 1st shot. I’ve had a ball over the years shooting crows. Good to have a lot of area, we try to move a mile between sets.

Good luck, it’s a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the replies and tips. I have a Dr.'s appointment so I may go Wednesday morning. I'll let you know how it goes.