Taxidermist Recommendations

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
The taxidermist that I would prefer has reached retirement age and isn't taking any new work in right now. He did amazing on my 11 pointer from last year and I want something equally good for the buck I shot this year. The other local taxidermist did some work for my dad recently and it was good but not great so I'm looking for someone a little more attentive to detail to do my buck. I live in Princeton and would travel a little ways to get the right person. Who does everybody recommend and let me see some examples of their work.

I have seen Whitetail Creations all over the social media pages and his work seems pretty good plus he isn't too far away. Has anybody dealt with him personally?

ditchbank

Banned
WILDLIFE CREATIONS in DENTON. I'm also near Whitetail Creations, but he isn't very good with detail like the man in Denton. I'm stumped at his name right now but he is world champion taxidermist. I think he charges 500.00 that's a small fee to pay for something that you will have to look at forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
WILDLIFE CREATIONS in DENTON. I'm also near Whitetail Creations, but he isn't very good with detail like the man in Denton. I'm stumped at his name right now but he is world champion taxidermist. I think he charges 500.00 that's a small fee to pay for something that you will have to look at forever.

Kenny Gallimore is his name.

britlab64

Six Pointer
Ditch is correct

Kenny is the man

Well worth the drive

Very professional to deal with

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Awesome! That is what I was looking for and I agree that $500 is worth it for something I plan to keep in my home for many years to come. I paid $450 for the last one which I thought was a pretty good deal considering the level of quality I recieved. My dad paid another taxidermist $500 and his doesn't look nearly as good as my deer.

Bean

Eight Pointer
I've been using Charles Dycus at Plank Road Taxidermy in Lee county for as many years as I can remember. He has always done a great job on everything he has mounted for me. No complaints at all.

bowhnter88

Six Pointer
I'm not sure if you've already found somebody or not, but do yourself a favor and look up Bear Creek Wildlife Artistry on facebook or google, hes in Robbins NC....I use him for everything and he is awesome. Very detail driven. He's 450 for a deer. PM me and I can give you his phone number and everything.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
It's been a few years, so not sure if he's still at it, but Mike Renn in Durham has done a great job for me in the past. Beautiful work.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I would suggest Craig Hall Taxidermy in Mebane NC.

That's who I went with.
75ba9ebc29e2f206f97c6ec8468fc8b3.jpg
4ad872009f8314675e6486e600c70b59.jpg

CoonHntr

Four Pointer
Page Nethercutt at Moore's Swamp taxidermy is who I have been using recently. His prices are about as high as they get, but so is the quality of his work. You would be hard pressed to find any better work.

Deerhunter

Six Pointer
I know a guy that is really good he had done to of mine he charges $300 I can text you a picture of the two that I already have done my phone number is 1-336-813-1963 he is in Elkin N.C

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
You're not too awful far from Nicholson's Taxidermy in Elm City. He's mounted most of what I've had mounted.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm not sure if you've already found somebody or not, but do yourself a favor and look up Bear Creek Wildlife Artistry on facebook or google, hes in Robbins NC....I use him for everything and he is awesome. Very detail driven. He's 450 for a deer. PM me and I can give you his phone number and everything.

He does great work

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Danny Johnson @ Dannys Taxidermy did my last one. Did a great job. This year i got one at Boonhill in Princeton, dropped the whole deer off for processing and figured id let him mount it too. Ken Smith he had some nice ones hangin in his shop. Makes some great summer sausage too