Best hunt so far

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had my best hunt of the year so far. Bat and wild girl Sue again. Sue hit right off the bat and ran one a little over 400 yds and treed in a clearcut, a bad one at that.

Bat blew right on past her like she wasn't even there and went about 3/4 on and treed. I went to her and shot hers out. No pics of her tree. It was so thick and I was soaked from rain and sweat.

I got her off that tree and she went on to him and I came out and went around to him. He was treed in a bottom in a big gum that was all broken off in the top. I had forgotten my squaller and was afraid I was going to miss his because it wouldn't look. It was full of vines up in the top and I had looked about ten minuted when I finally thought I saw the rings on it's tail. I got a good look through the scope and yep it was him. He came down to see us.

Both dogs did their job well tonight. Even the wild thing settled down pretty good tonight. I was home early but a friend that runs deer dogs had a sack full of collars that needed updating and we just got through with that.
DSCF0847.jpg
DSCF0844.jpg
DSCF0846.jpg

Last edited:

NCGranville

Button Buck
Beautiful...thank you! I sure love a brindle dog, especially one that puts the meat over your head. Very nice website by the way!