Cuddelink

thedeerstandman

Six Pointer
Anyone else tried the Cuddlelink trail cams yet? I bought two a couple weeks ago, and have been pretty disappointed with the cuddelink system. I have checked and rechecked the settings over and over and done it right by the book. The actual trail cams work great, but they have got to be way too close together to really be a whole lot of good in my opinion. I was hoping to get a half mile range out of them, but that's a no go. Just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If the link works no better than the rest of their cameras I will stay away from them ..same as the rest of their products. In my limited experience with the Cuddyback products (I've tried three different cameras at various times in their existence) they are a lot of hype, but in reality they function very poorly.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I hate to hear that. I was considering them myself but waiting for them to come out with the cellular module next year. Sounds like they may still have a lot of work to do.

thedeerstandman

Six Pointer
I have tried I don't know how many brands of trail cameras, and cuddeback and browning have made it to top of my list......so I was real excited about the cuddelink system, but I have found that any type of woods cuts your distance nearly in half. Understandable for it to hurt your connection some.....but who wants to put any amount of cameras all in one big open area? especially around here? I live on flat ground, and would consider it mostly open. I wish I had just saved the 75 bucks per camera and got two non cuddelinks.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
I have owned every type trailcam made, Cudde had something going for them years ago and that was that hardly anyone else made cameras. They are not a player now and there CS is horrendous at best. Not surprised the link system is a flop