Smith Creek Impoundment tomorrow

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
Well 3 of us will be heading out extra early tomorrow morning to make use of our 1 and only permit hunt. After scouting last Sunday, it may not be a duck massacre but we're going to have a blast regardless. We each will be paddling the 1/3 mile from ramp to impoundment in our creek boat/nucanoe frontier 12/stealth 1200. Follow up pics and report to come if the trip is eventful. Wish us luck, and safe travels.

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of ducks around this morning but only a pair of blue wing teal slipped up and came into shooting range. Tundra swans were all over the sky and even had one come hang out all morning in our decoys. Too bad we didn't draw a permit, maybe next year.

robertc

Eight Pointer
Well 3 of us will be heading out extra early tomorrow morning to make use of our 1 and only permit hunt. After scouting last Sunday, it may not be a duck massacre but we're going to have a blast regardless. We each will be paddling the 1/3 mile from ramp to impoundment in our creek boat/nucanoe frontier 12/stealth 1200. Follow up pics and report to come if the trip is eventful. Wish us luck, and safe travels.
Just curious, does the one riding the Stealth boat have a motor mount where a trolling motor could be used. I have had a Stealth 1200 for 15 plus years and now thinking about a motor mount for it. I just don't know how well it would work with the clamp system. Thanks.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
Just curious, does the one riding the Stealth boat have a motor mount where a trolling motor could be used. I have had a Stealth 1200 for 15 plus years and now thinking about a motor mount for it. I just don't know how well it would work with the clamp system. Thanks.

Yes it does have the motor mount. Mine is a warrior brand creek boat that has the pedal steering and sidewall control panel that operates the forward/reverse direction and speed of my trolling motor but I don't use it yet due to the required registration and all the extra safety/lighting requirements that would be needed to just run a small trolling motor.

robertc

Eight Pointer
Yes it does have the motor mount. Mine is a warrior brand creek boat that has the pedal steering and sidewall control panel that operates the forward/reverse direction and speed of my trolling motor but I don't use it yet due to the required registration and all the extra safety/lighting requirements that would be needed to just run a small trolling motor.
I understand fully including including the registration. Thanks for the reply.