Any BIG flocks being seen ??????

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Starting to see more and more turkeys. Saw that large group of 20 another small group of 5 hens, a group of 4 Jakes and 7 nice gobblers over the weekend!! This is the time of year they start to hit the Chufa fields.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Not a good pic but I had probably 60 out there in the field that day. I couldnt get them all in one frame.
542341dce43da3a955a37be9d8029108.jpg

sent from...... Tapatalk
1ab7104dc251aea459043e259d9d7776.jpg

Last edited:

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
I am pretty sure we had several double clutches in Halifax County. In the same areas I had good sized poults in June, then in July I saw small ones mixed with the older ones. I am seeing flocks of 50+ on several different farms.PICT1041.jpgMFDC0814.jpgMFDC1163.jpgMFDC1093.jpg

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This pic was taken less than 500 yards from the house today in Harnett

Attachments

• Resized952017120695103542952116.jpg
    Resized952017120695103542952116.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Not a big flock by any means but I got these on camera recently.
28e9eaa660457a0ced27acc5b04f7d82.jpg
d0923155c959115c3fc6865f44f24952.jpg

sent from...... Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Not a big flock by any means but I got these on camera recently.
28e9eaa660457a0ced27acc5b04f7d82.jpg
d0923155c959115c3fc6865f44f24952.jpg

sent from...... Tapatalk

if you will put a stand on the back side of that double inside field corner in the back ground you will be killing deer. well maybe they wont be big enough for you to kill but they will be available.that is teh best looking spot i have seen lately to hunt one.

sorry for the randomness MJ, but it fits with our other conversations. please keep the turkey photos coming. :)

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Its so thick in there you cant see but a few feet. Can't cut any trees but hopefully in a couple of years it will open up enough to be able to see.
Back before they cut it I seen alot of deer back in there.

sent from...... Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Its so thick in there you cant see but a few feet. Can't cut any trees but hopefully in a couple of years it will open up enough to be able to see.
Back before they cut it I seen alot of deer back in there.

sent from...... Tapatalk

i could not sleep at night if I could hunt there and did not hunt that spot. :)

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Its just one corner...the field narrows there and goes back about 300yds. Its basically a L shaped field.

sent from...... Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Matt has the best place in all of Northampton to turkey hunt;)

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Matt has the best place in all of Northampton to turkey hunt;)
Haha...I don't know about that but there has always been a ton of them there.
I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I'm not into Turkey hunting and I'd much rather have better deer and less Turkey.
I think their pretty when they are strutting but other than that I consider them a nuisance who eat the corn I put out for deer.....[emoji13]

sent from...... Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Haha...I don't know about that but there has always been a ton of them there.
I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I'm not into Turkey hunting and I'd much rather have better deer and less Turkey.
I think their pretty when they are strutting but other than that I consider them a nuisance who eat the corn I put out for deer.....[emoji13]

sent from...... Tapatalk

That is just sad. a hunter with that access and no desire. i cant think of an analogy that fits.
it may just be too easy? that is exactly how i feel about antlerless deer.

at any rate MJ keep sending the pics

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Lol...I hear ya OS.
I've been a few times and may go in the future but I just never got the excitement from it like everyone else seems to get.
Most folks I know would rather Turkey hunt than Deer hunt.

sent from...... Tapatalk

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
It is uncommon to not see flocks of 30+ at the club I hunt at in Northampton Co. Between the bottom along the river, big blocks of mixed hardwood & softwood stands and the smaller fields surrounded by hardwoods there are always large flocks to be seen in wintertime. It is especially neat when you see turkeys milling around field edges with Tundra Swan in the middle of the fields or loafing in the impoundment.

Boojum

Ten Pointer
I see flocks of 20-40 or more at least a couple times a week around here. They've been hammering the cut sileage corn fields lately.

Last edited:

25contender

Twelve Pointer
great pic 25. i read where you said you had to wait on them. what a nice problem to have. :)

Yeah it was pretty funny looked like all this year birds. They didn't have a clue what to do so they just kept walking down the rd. One finally went to the right and the rest followed like good little soldier's.

Last edited: