Any BIG flocks being seen ??????

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Filmed a bearded hen a week before season went out. I have seen her the past few years. She has about a 4 inch beard.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i went looking for some tracks in the snow thursday, nada, then get a text with pics from a few miles away of 15 longbeards in one flock. not to mention a dozen jakes.

i am giving up again on backdoor turkeys. LOL.

I dont think you guys will get to the second weekend of the season before limiting out.

they are seemingly everywhere in great numbers.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Xph4e6A.jpg

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I saw a mixed flock of at least 30 in a field by my house last week. It sure was a pretty sight. At least 5 mature gobblers strutting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One in the snow.
40e2409b2b241c9480c6c1d6437c155c.jpg

sent from...... Tapatalk
Matt could tag out in 2 days time where he hunts... no kidding.
Turkey hunting heaven ....up there where he is at.
We had a similar place in Southampton county VA just across the Meherrin river. I could tag out in 2 to 3 days easily sometimes.

Last edited:

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Got a chance to check two cams yest. Hope a few of these stick around for the spring.hwy4toms2.jpg

Attachments

• flockstrong1.jpg
    flockstrong1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 129
  • flockstrongtoms.jpg
    flockstrongtoms.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 127
  • hwy4bigflock.jpg
    hwy4bigflock.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dang....y’all got me wanting to road trip to Halifax to throw out some cameras..... we did not deer hunt the place much this year.....only killed 5 out of 18 members.....we should be better off next year, but at the same time I did not get any turkey sighting reports from the members sitting in the stands. I am sure they are still there just need to see them for motivational purposes! Looks like a pretty good hatch last year in most places.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saw about 40 Friday while riding to Enfield to get some Aunt Rubys peanuts! Turkeys and chocolate covered peanuts!!! A fat mans paradise!

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Saw 4 flocks in North Craven county this morning. One flock was mixed and 75+ birds and the others 25-30 birds.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Saw a flock yesterday in Pender County that was 30-50 birds. Most turkeys I've ever seen at one time.

GUP

Eight Pointer
Considering where I saw them I wouldn't have believed it if someone else had told me. About 30 in a field this morning not 3 minutes from main street in little old Rolesville, NC. The smallest town in Wake Co. Smallest right now anyway. That's changing daily around here. Still can't believe the birds have found a home in this area with all the growth. Guess they are more adaptable than I thought.

Slong

Four Pointer
Counted 2 flocks with over 40 birds in Forsyth last weekend. I've never seen so many that close together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Took my dog for a walk this afternoon and walked up on a field of 4 shiny, black Toms with long beards. I thought my lab may take off after them but oddly he did not seem to pay them any mind. They stayed about 75 yards from us and eased into the woods; not in a big hurry at all.