Anyone plan to fish the Ice Bowl?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
just wondering if Anyone plans to fish it.

Was looking at some of the pic from the last few years. Boy what a crowd of people.

recoil

Eight Pointer
I am debating on it. Haven't made time for it really, so I haven't fished it the past 2 years. I have fished it 2 or 3 years before. Was always a big crowd of people but normally a well run tournament.

Do you fish Buggs regular?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I am debating on it. Haven't made time for it really, so I haven't fished it the past 2 years. I have fished it 2 or 3 years before. Was always a big crowd of people but normally a well run tournament.

Do you fish Buggs regular?

No fish gaston most would need to pre fish and find some holes.
Being time wise most fish the VA side only to max out fish time as they start at 7 and be back at the dock by 3.

Not sure I will have the time but keeping it in.the back of my mind. If I do not fish I plan to go look to get a feel for next year.

recoil

Eight Pointer
I fished up the rivers some. If I fish this year I think I'm going to focus on the lake. We may try to start fishing around Christmas break.

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
one of my bass team tourney partners actually started that tournament a few years back. he has passed it on now as it grew too large for him to manage. in the beginning it was just a few friends putting some money up to fish for in the winter when things were slow. it has came a long way!

Last edited:
Fishing is far from slow on Kerr lake in the winter, that lake is so full of life and they are very agressive this time of year. The past two years I've fell in love with catfishing that lake. It's hands down the best around for blues. I'll be at the Ice Bowl. Had 150 boats last year, Yall come out and join us. Kerr is about the only place I fish now, I drive two hours one way almost every weekend. We have put at least one fish over 30 lbs in the boat every weekend the last three weekends. Had a 35lb and 44lb last weekend, and ended up catching 39 fish. The weekend before had a 42lb and caught over 30 fish. Been drifting planer boards below Clarksville. I'm Ice bowl ready, who else is going?

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
My post was not to mean fishing was slow.Winter is a great time to fish for many species. I was talking more about tournaments and the frequency of them slowing in winter. Sorry if my wording was confusing

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Dont look like I will make it this year.
Picking up the new boat Jan 5 and not enough time to break it in and rig it plus pre fish the area
who knows.

My post was not to mean fishing was slow.Winter is a great time to fish for many species. I was talking more about tournaments and the frequency of them slowing in winter. Sorry if my wording was confusing

Oh I got ya. Yeah winter is my favorite time to chase trophy blues. The bite is on fire right now. I'm picking up my new Hobie Outback this weekend and can't wait to get it out on Kerr lake and get drug around by a big bluecat.