Goose jerky

JD1107

Just finished up dehydrating the geese I shot last week and wanted to share the recipe. I can’t take any credit for it but still wanted to pass it on. Fiancé isn’t a big fan of spicy foods so left the red pepper flakes out this time. Those of you that are not fans of eating goose should give this a go I haven’t had one person say they didn’t like it.

http://our-southern-roots.com/tylers-goose-jerky/

robertc

Eight Pointer
I'm made goose jerky a couple of years ago and had a very skeptical cousin who said you couldn't eat goose. I took a bag to church with me to give his wife after the service and when I handed it to her several folks saw the jerky and wanted a piece of it. Most thought it was deer meat and was really complimentary on how good it was. My cousin's wife took the other to him and he said it was really good. When I told him it was goose his reply was "I guess you can put enough seasoning on an old leather shoe and it would be good"

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

JD1107

Brought some to share with a few co workers at school and they loved it!!

old school

Six Pointer
Stancills near Ayden did some for us a couple of years ago and it was as tasty as any deer jerky I ever had. Gave a few bags away and the folks loved it. Saved most for ourselves though because it was rather expensive.