Fixed Power Scopes

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Anyone know of quality fixed 4x scopes, other than the Leupold FX scopes? Preferably $300 or under

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone know of quality fixed 4x scopes, other than the Leupold FX scopes? Preferably $300 or under

Just two that come to mind, Weaver K-series 4x38 and Swift Reliant 4x40. Both are sub $150 and good scopes for the $$$. I have a couple of older Leupold M8 4x scopes that I use and they make good hunting scopes.

<>< Fish

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Swfa super sniper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you could bump up to 6 power this is the brand you need. I have several of their fixed powers and really really like them. I do have a few gixep power leupolds as well and they are good scopes. Especially the 6x M8 with heavy duplex. I have never had a situation where I felt I needed less magnification. And I hunt woods and swamps a good amount.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Have a swif 4x on my blackpowder since the 90's and cannot remember it ever loosing zero...and it has been hunted hard and some heavy Blackhorn 209 loads down barrell. Bought it at the old Hills sporting good store in Raleigh...like $140 I believe. Son has a 3 x 9 in a Swif that he says is just as bright in low light as Leupold.

JakeH

Four Pointer
I&#8217;ve never owned one, but the reviews on the SWFA scopes are amazing. Most definitely worth the money.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
If you could bump up to 6 power this is the brand you need. I have several of their fixed powers and really really like them. I do have a few gixep power leupolds as well and they are good scopes. Especially the 6x M8 with heavy duplex. I have never had a situation where I felt I needed less magnification. And I hunt woods and swamps a good amount.
That's good to know. I've looked at some 6x options as well, but with most of my shots being under 100 yards (sometimes WELL under 100) I was afraid the 6x would be too much for quick target acquisition

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
That's good to know. I've looked at some 6x options as well, but with most of my shots being under 100 yards (sometimes WELL under 100) I was afraid the 6x would be too much for quick target acquisition

The buck I shot Thanksgiving day was shot at 20 yds with a 6x Super sniper and there was not an issue finding the deer in the scope even that close.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I have a tasco pronghorn fixed 4x that tracks and holds zero. The glass is really good too. No bs. It is on a shot gun now. Very impressive. I've had it for 15yrs.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I'll say this for those SWFA lines..... I'm abit snobby when it comes to glass and they're the only -$400 glass I'd consider that wasn't a Leupold or Vortex Viper

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I've not priced scopes in years but I'm a Burris and older (25 yr old min) Leupold or Weaver or Redfield guy.