Quick Hunt

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Went on a quick one tonight. Took Bat and Sue. I should have known better but I jinxed things before I ever went. I was talking to a friend of mine before I went and telling him how I was liking Sue and her not being like most Stephens and so far she wasn't very trashy at all. Well she cured that tonight. Burnt something wrong down right out of the box and Bat went and got treed a little over 700 yds. I toned her off that junk and moved closer to him and was walking in to him and darn if she didn't strike up again. I was watching her on the Garmin and she was going round and round in 100 yds circles. I am pretty sure she was burning rabbits up. Got her off that and she came in and treed with Bat.

I got to his tree and it was a big poplar about 4' across the stump that they both could get inside and I didn't even take a pic. of them treeing on I was so sure it was going to be a den but when I backed up and looked there he was all the way in the top.
Sue1126 (1).jpg

Attachments

• Bat1126 (2).jpg
    Bat1126 (2).jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 106

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like those quick hunts that work out just as planned, we'll sort of. I've been busy the last week or so and haven't been in the woods, hoping to start back this week.

CoonHntr

Four Pointer
Looking good! I lost my main female just a few weeks back, so I'm stuck with two pups that are still trying to figure things out. It's going to be a long season...

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I went through it 4 years ago, it was hard. That male in the lower picture is the result, he has morphed into the best dog that I have ever owned but I almost gave up. I lost my best two males in a year, it was really rough.

CoonHntr

Four Pointer
I went through it 4 years ago, it was hard. That male in the lower picture is the result, he has morphed into the best dog that I have ever owned but I almost gave up. I lost my best two males in a year, it was really rough.
I was here before under the name PWR-WGN. Something happened a few months back and I can't log back in for some reason. Anyway, it was the first turn out of the kill season this year and I was hunting my female and two pups. Turned her loose just like I had a hundred times before and she took off just as excited as always. She opened twice and I figured she was on a track. She went quiet for a few minutes so I checked her on the Garmin. I noticed she hadn't moved or opened for a few minutes and knew something was wrong. Went in to check on her and she was already gone. I have no clue for the life of me what happened. No signs of anything being wrong, and she was just as ready to go as always when I cut her loose. That was a long walk out of the woods that night. It tore me up some kind of bad.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Good deal. Always like reading about your hunts.

I’ve never heard of a Stephens before. Is that a particular “line” or totally different from Bat and Rampage?

Sent from wherever I was at the time...