Decent 6 pt with the Pistol (Kill Video)

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
Hunted with the Super Redhawk, this afternoon. Had this decent 6, with stickers, come in, at 4:36. Destroyed both shoulders, and the Heart.
The Dogs, you hear, are actually in a fenced in pasture, about 75 yds to my left. They bark, ALOT, but, they hardly ever, come to the fence. Today, they did, and had my suspicions (Sp?) up.
About 2 minutes later, I saw a small Buck, cruise by, on the other side of the hump, you see, in back of the shooting lane, and turned the camera on, just to get some video.
Then, the 6, popped out. Shot him, he takes off, turns right, and goes down the hill, about 50 yds.
The smaller Buck, pops out, after I shot, starts eating corn, like nothing's going on. LOL
Being as I'm in not very good shape, these days. it took me an hour, to get the 6, back up the hill, to the corn pile, where I could go get the landowners mower, and trailer, and get him back to the truck. Had a friend come over, and do most of the skinning. I'm beat, but had a good day.

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45nEO0CJuJQ&feature=youtu.be

VikingsFan8178

cool video and nice buck -- were you in a ground blind?

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Nice buck, great shooting and a cool video. Congratulations. Boy that second buck had nerves of steel to have stood there so long knowing something was amiss and then suddenly begin feeding. Nothing like the adrenaline rush of whacking one with a pistol. And that Redhawk is the perfect pistol to get the job done.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
You have my number if ya need help any time. I think I've drug more deer for you than for myself!! Great kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk