Mainframe?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I know what Typical/Nontypical is but one of my "friends" keeps saying it was a "mainframe" 6/8/10 etc...... what does that mean? :confused:

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
So even a basket rack anything big or small as long as it was the same on both sides could be a "mainframe" ?

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Mainframe is what the deer will be without "extras". You can have a mainframe 9 thats a 10pt. His main frame is 9, and he has an extra kicker somewhere.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It’s kinda like an 8-point with 4, 1-inch stickers at the base isn’t really a 12-point.

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
The mainframe is the main beams of the deer and any normal points (G1, G2, G3, etc) that come off of it. It doesn't have to be an even #. Any abnormal points or sticker points aren't considered. For example if you have a deer with 9 normal points and two kickers off it's G2s, you would say in hunting lingo, it's a mainframe nine with two kickers. However, some would just say it's an 11pt.

Last edited:

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Guy i know always says "Mainframe" anytime someone get's a big rack deer so i have always scratched my head as to what he meant! from what have gathered here he don't know!!!

Last edited:

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
eda6fecb4d223880779acacf815ad979.jpg

Main frame 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
F3EF37C7-A8EA-41AB-9AE3-F3467959B319.jpgI can go take one.....he is on the wall.......not sure how to count his mainframe though.....standby

Left side is crazy....guess a mainframe 7 with tons of trash

Last edited:

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Main frame 8 if you ask me.
That mount set up with the wood looks cool. Post a bigger pic if you don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
9E18631C-F6AE-4AE9-A8D4-5AE5E6234190.jpg a work in progress.....got booted from the big room in house by daughter so I am moving into a smaller bedroom....can’t even get that entire wall in pic......big buck will go in the center when taxi gets done

cmcarter

Six Pointer
i hate to be so nosey but which day might i be able to see it? understand completely that you may not know this far out.

Not a problem, I meant to specify. Right now I’m planning on going Saturday mid-morning. Dave Boland with B&C is supposed to take a look at it, so I’m assuming he’ll be there Saturday.
I was initially planning on entering the Dixie Deer classic contest but there’s a minimum requirement of 125” for NT bow. So I assume this buck will be disqualified since it’s unscorable by P&Y and B&C standards.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Yes he will be there fri,sat and sunday, have helped with the scoring out there for the last four years.