Blewett lake hunting?

Jordanharley15

Button Buck
Has anyone duck hunted this lake before? Thinking about going there in the future and thought I'd see what you guys though.

Good question! I’m sure somebody that knows will tell you all about it. Just be patient waiting for the answer since I’m sure most guys are out hunting day-in and day-out!

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
From what I hear, you would be better off hunting High Rock. Last I heard, plenty of Old Squaw in the flats.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
From what I hear, you would be better off hunting High Rock. Last I heard, plenty of Old Squaw in the flats.

my friends cousins brothers grandads first wifes son hunted there the other day and shot limits of Canvasbacks, redheads and mallards by 6:30 in the morning. heard there were ducks everywhere there.........

JD1107

my friends cousins brothers grandads first wifes son hunted there the other day and shot limits of Canvasbacks, redheads and mallards by 6:30 in the morning. heard there were ducks everywhere there.........

Cans, reds and mallard you say!!! I’m packing the boat now and heading that way! Bryguy you down to go!?!

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Nah man I got a line on a hot ivory billed teal shoot over the weekend down east...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
My buddys cousin shot banded king eider out there last week.... He said they were thick. Gotta use a kayak and sit out in the dead center of the lake, deepest water you can find. Just keep low and they will come in hot. He said they use a confederate flag too for flagging the birds at a distance. Something about the red and blue X makes draws them in.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
And here I was thinking I was the only one who had the scoop on the cans and ivory billed teal.... sigh.... you can't have nothing to yourself anymore. Guess I'm gonna have to go to Norman and kill all those pintail/mallard hybrids I've been seeing.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
A buddy's neighbor's father in law shot a Rosy Billed Pochard out there last weekend...I'll post the GPS numbers for his spot when I can get them.

I was wondering when it was going to pick up. I was hoping my veiled sarcasm would kick it off earlier but at least it started.

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
I got word from a buddy that he shot 9 king eiders out there this morning. He said the key was the blaze orange hat and his white center console anchored in the middle of the lake- Caleb, not sure where you heard a kayak was key....

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah he was serious, he just hasn't learned to be discrete like a couple have in the deer and turkey forums have and word his original post a little different. They do exactly the same they just have years of experience at cyber scouting under their belt.