Hunting with glasses

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Well almost being the big 50 has led to me having to wear glasses. I was not wearing them when I hunt but I have started to now. I spend a lot of time behind binoculars while hunting but man it is a pain in the butt using them with glasses. I have the eye cups all the way down but it is still hard to get used to glassing wearing glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Been wearing glasses for 59 years now but when I use binoculars I pull them off and lay them aside or fold them and put them in my pocket..Never have been able to see thru binoculars very well with my glasses on...Glasses were a pain in the Arse the first day I put them on and 59 years later down the road they are still a pain in the Arse..

Last edited:

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Prop the glasses on my forehead unfortunately. Just started wearing glasses after not wearing them so I'm struggling too.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I take my glasses off when using binoculars. I did use a friends Steiner Auto-focus binoculars and could use them with my glasses on no problem. Might be worth a try. I just didn't want to spend that type of money.

I have bifocals now and hate them when hunting. I had a pair of single vision glasses made just for when I'm hunting.

Last edited:

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, glasses are a necessary pain in the butt!! I take them off when I am in the woods. I mainly need them to read.

davidson county

Eight Pointer
same boat now. have not tried them using binoculars. but this long range scope and glasses is something different and in a world all its on.
still find myself taking them off to shoot.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I never had any problem using binos with glasses. My problem now is I have had Lasik and dont need glasses and it seems when I go from looking thru my binos to putting them down it takes me several seconds to focus.

sent from...... Tapatalk

rodman

Ten Pointer
I take my glasses off when using binoculars. I did use a friends Steiner Auto-focus binoculars and could use them with my glasses on no problem. Might be worth a try. I just didn't want to spend that type of money.

I have bifocals now and hate them when hunting. I had a pair of single vision glasses made just for when I'm hunting.

^^ Everything this man said^^ Cutting your eye to see a turkey with bifocals on will make a preacher cuss

BVB

Four Pointer
I've gotten used to it with binos. Been 12 years now. I am near sighted, and the doc said my next pair may be bi focals. Argh.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I had to bag Bi-focals, For shooting, and I use the $1 glasses from Ace Hardware that have magnification the entire lens so I can look out the top of the lens. I also use those glasses when welding too.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
You guys got it easy, this is my first year with contacts and have had my moments, good and bad. Overall I prefer them but at times I get really frustrated putting them in or getting them out.... Trials and tribulations.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
You guys got it easy, this is my first year with contacts and have had my moments, good and bad. Overall I prefer them but at times I get really frustrated putting them in or getting them out.... Trials and tribulations.

My eye dr said I could try contacts but I can’t get used to jamming my finger in my eye everyday. Lol

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
My eye dr said I could try contacts but I can’t get used to jamming my finger in my eye everyday. Lol

That's the half of it, once when putting them in and then again taking them out. They have been a PITA at times but it's so nice to see clearly again.